• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 04: Azerbaijan

football forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Great drives from Bottas and Perez especially. McLaren looking good today as well.

Renault and Haas have had poor pace in most races this season. Renault in particular should be doing better by now with their budget. Both of these look like they're behind McLaren and Alfa Romeo in the current pecking order.

Well, that was disappointing. Glad Bottas got the victory instead of the muppet though. 

Made me laugh how he quickly put in his cap after removing his balaclava, so nobody can see his messy hair transplant, and in the next shot he was suddenly wearing a bandana. What a total fuckmupept xD

Great race from Gasly for once, and than the car broke down. Ricciardo backing up into Kvyat was rather strange. Did he not see him? 

• Subscriber

The race was less entertaining than I expected it to be; quite uneventful... Great drive by Bottas; kept calm and did what he had to do. A deserved win. Given that Mercedes are completely dominating so far this season, it's good to see Bottas able to challenge Hamilton as it keeps the championship less boring.

Not a great weekend for Sauber, but Kimi ended in the points at least and Gio had a decent race too. Hopefully he'll work on that. 

Alex Albon finishing P11; not a very good weekend for him. Touched the wall at the start of the race and then had some issues later on after pitting; not sure what that was as they never showed in on TV but he lost a lot of time there. Still finished close to the points though so that's encouraging.

Good stuff by McLaren. It just shows how poor Renault chassis is given that both have the same engine... 

Heartbreaking for Gasly... Such a great race and then DNF due to technical problems. Gearbox I think? He just can't get a break it seems.

Good race by Max but sadly no chance for the podium after the VSC... If Red Bull updates are good then they can definitely give Ferrari some sleepless nights later in the season.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Was on the plane back from Dubai, missed the race. Watched the 6 minutes highlightes they put on youtube, Lewis said he was to nice at the start, also a report said Charles was kept out to long?

31 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Was on the plane back from Dubai, missed the race. Watched the 6 minutes highlightes they put on youtube, Lewis said he was to nice at the start, also a report said Charles was kept out to long?

Lewis said what a loser would usually say under the circumstances. Valtteri was just the better driver today. 

Well, with Charles it was tricky I'd say. If they didn't keep him out for so long, they would have to go for an earlier two stopper. 

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Lewis had a better start and put Valteri under pressure but then backed off a bit when it got very tight between them in Turns 1 and 2 instead of muscling through. That said, he had a good chance to overtake Bottas on the penultimate lap when he was in the DRS window but then he made a mistake and went too wide in turn 16 whereas Bottas kept his cool and that was the end of it. 

As for Charles, I wouldn't really say it was a screw up by Ferrari this time. He started on mediums so had to pit for softs at some point one way or another and they didn't want to pit him early as the softs wouldn't have lasted until the end of the race. Also softs were a pretty poor race tyre (look I used British spelling here) anyway so he wasn't really able to take advantage of them after pitting. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lewis had a better start and put Valteri under pressure but then backed off a bit when it got very tight between them in Turns 1 and 2 instead of muscling through. That said, he had a good chance to overtake Bottas on the penultimate lap when he was in the DRS window but then he made a mistake and went too wide in turn 16 whereas Bottas kept his cool and that was the end of it. 

As for Charles, I wouldn't really say it was a screw up by Ferrari this time. He started on mediums so had to pit for softs at some point one way or another and they didn't want to pit him early as the softs wouldn't have lasted until the end of the race. Also softs were a pretty poor race tyre (look I used British spelling here) anyway so he wasn't really able to take advantage of them after pitting. 

Yea, that's what I meant too. 

Archived