talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Is The Worst Diver In The Premier League?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season I’d say Kane, this season probably Salah but that’s alright because it’ll wind more people up if the biggest diver is on our side.

If I’m honest though, I see shocking dives in almost every match of football I watch

• Subscriber

You don't see that much out and out diving anymore. You see a lot more of players making sure they get fouled, and it's not always to win penalties or free kicks, they just do it as a reflex reaction all over the pitch rather than get past their man and try and pass to a team mate to continue the game.

Salah and Kane might be bad for it but it only gets noticed more because with them it happens in the box. There will be dozens of midfielders just as bad for it where it doesn't get noticed because it's not for a penalty.

You can't nail down one or two massive divers anymore, it's just become part and parcel of the game. Team takes set piece in midfield, makes 2-3 passes, jump on the floor, get another set piece in midfield, pass, pass, pass, go down, another freekick, rinse and repeat. This is 80 minutes out of every 90 minute football match now.

Archived