talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona (4) 3-0 (0) Man Utd - Tuesday 16th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Barcelona (4) 3-0 (0) Man Utd - Tuesday 16th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

During the celebration, it was clearly Coutinho said: " Vai tomar no c*." ( Means  F... you  in brazilian portuguese) Was it directed to the fans?

No idea, he also plugged his ears which was weird.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

During the celebration, it was clearly Coutinho said: " Vai tomar no c*." ( Means  F... you  in brazilian portuguese) Was it directed to the fans?

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No idea, he also plugged his ears which was weird.

22 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He has been criticised by the media and fans since arriving. I think the celebration was aimed at both, hence why he plugged his ears and swore in Portuguese.

Yep, Cannabis beat me to it. I reckon it was mainly towards the fans though. They've been on his back since start of the season but a goal and performance like tonight goes some way to silencing some of those critics. And he got a bit of a standing ovation at the end despite the celebration. 

Think we could absolutely beat Barcalona, Even if we were to lose no chance of them just strolling past us without a fight like they did to United here, Hopefully we can get the result against Porto tomorrow because i have wanted to see how this team would perform against Barca, it would be a HUGE tie and make us one of the elite teams in the world if we were to beat them. 

• Subscriber

Only saw highlights of both matches so I will go by what I have read in here but I expected the result and the little genius in Messi causing havoc but oh David!! how could you let Messi's weak 2nd goal crawl under your body like that, I bet you crawled under the blankets of your bed last night and had bad dreams called 'Nightmares on Messi Street'. 

I think Ole should forget about this year, maybe try his best in securing the number 4 spot but think about a complete revamp of the United team and get rid of deadwood like Young, Rojo, Valencia, Jones and a few more and seriously think of letting Pogba go to Real Madrid as at the moment he seems to be living in his own little world of "I am the best of the bunch" attitude and look himself in a mirror and say "I am a wanker".

I would love Ajax to go all the way to the final and win it, I said from the start that I thought the final would be between Barca v Juve but now that has all changed, all that dosh that Juve spent buying Ronaldo to really win them the Champions League has now gone out of the window, "Football is a funny old game" as Jimmy Greaves would say.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Young to man mark Messi by the look of it 

15 hours ago, Inverted said:

Ashley Young is such a bum hahaha

If Herrara was playing then yes, him man marking the wee genius, at least Herrara would have done a better job but young?  :dam: but saying that if 6 players were man-marking Messi last night they would have been left for dead.

What will it be like when Messi is no longer playing in years to come and what we would say to the younger generation growing up "You missed watching one of the greatest players of all time..." :x

I'll be astonished if Ole lasts the whole of next season, still can't believe United gave him the full-time job before the season was finished. They are still in with a shout of top 4 but with the form they're currently in its going to be difficult. 

• The topic was unpinned

It's a shame Messi didn't score that overhead kick as it's probably the only type of goal he's never scored.

Arthur was class and really stood out last night. What will he be like when he's 25-26? I can't see anything but him being one of the best midfielders in the world in the coming years. He's already showing great maturity levels and was arguably the man of the match yesterday, along with Messi.

Pique deserves a lot of credit at the moment as well as he's been a rock since partnering Lenglet. The two seem to work brilliantly together and better than Pique/Umtiti do. It does make you wonder how Umtiti and Lenglet could work together themselves as they could potentially be the future centre back pairing.

I'd like to see more from Suarez in this tournament. 0 goals so far this season, which is very poor by his standards. In fact, he's only ever really been great in the champions league in one season, which was 2014-15. Always brilliant in the league, but he does seem to struggle a bit in Europe.

Goal aside, Coutinho was probably the weakest link. Hopefully that goal helps him kick on as he was actually brilliant before his injury and one of the most key players in the side in the second half of last season and the start of this season. In his defence, I don't think people understand how difficult it can actually be to get back into your stride after an injury. I mean even look at Umtiti, he was the most solid defender at the club, but since injury he's fell down the pecking order and hasn't impressed whenever he has played lately. I wouldn't be surprised if both were brilliant again next season barring they can stay fit.

As for Liverpool, they are the worst possible opponent for Barcelona over 2 legs and this is something I also stated last season. In a final Barça would easily be favourite, but over 2 legs I'd say Liverpool as they are a much more menacing outfit than United. They play with a lot of energy and this team will certainly have to up their game in the semis. It will be a brilliant fixture either way between 2 historic clubs who have a lot of respect for each other. I always remember about 12 years ago when all the Liverpool fans were chanting Barcelona and the Barça fans were chanting Liverpool. You very rarely see that level of respect between fans. I suppose Barcelona, Celtic and Liverpool fans will always have a lot of respect for each other due to obvious reasons though.

Giving Solskjaer that job full time has given him the kiss of death results wise... typical

In fairness though he is playing with what he has rather than what he needs so better not to judge too harshly until he has had a summer to bring players in, besides they were playing one of the best sides out there and you would have to fancy Barca to go all the way 

Archived