talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus (2) 1-2 (3) Ajax - Tuesday 16th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Juventus (2) 1-2 (3) Ajax - Tuesday 16th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

Hopefully Juve realise they've blown their best chances of winning the CL and that spunking hundreds of millions of Euros on 30+ year olds isn't going to magically make up for it.

In awe of Ajax. An absolute example to every team in the world on the pitch and behind the scenes. 

Imagine what a sport we would have if every team was like them.

• Subscriber

Well done Ajax. Thoroughly deserved. They chased and chased and got their reward in the end. The only thing you can fault this team on is that they don't take their chances early and try to be overly intricate in front of goal.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Hopefully Juve realise they've blown their best chances of winning the CL and that sounding hundreds of millions of Euros on 30+ year olds isn't going to magically make up for it.

They can only win it when they're doping.

• Administrator

Look at the difference between Ajax and Man Utd tonight considering they only just met in the Europa League Final in 2017.

The difference in style, talent, teamwork is stark. Amazing how one team can kick on so much in a short space of time and another can look so lacklustre.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Ajax are what football is all about, imagine them going all the way. 

Juventus just can't crack the Champions League, Allegri will go now too.

Also think his stock has taken a tumble. 

Ultimately at the end of the day the only trophies he has to show for his time are leagues and cups which Juventus should never have had to worry about anyway - and even then he somehow managed to make it nervy against a limited Sarri side. 

In the CL he had some success but with teams built around extremely experienced negatively-minded players which no other elite club would be willing to invest heavily in. 

• Subscriber

The better team won. Nice to see a team actually having a go in the Champions League rather than engaging in an attritional chess match where the mildly better team eventually wins (see tonight's other tie).

Hope they go all the way but one of the half decent teams will deny them.

• Subscriber

I thought before that that Juventus would win this tie and finish the dream off, that Ajax while excellent were lucky at the same time to come up against a total shambles Real Madrid side.

I was mistaken. They're a breath of fresh air who've shown they can go toe to toe with anybody. I'm rooting for them. I hope they go all the way.

Enjoy them while you can. The usual boring, depressing procession in the summer follows this when the team is ripped to bits.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'd take him & De Ligt in a millisecond

Reckon De Ligt goes to Barca following De Jong. 

Ajax have a great youth setup so hopefully they're a bit more prepared than Monaco for when their squad gets inevitably cherry-picked by other bigger sides. Good to see such a talented group of youngsters get some relative success though. Good luck to them against Spurs or Man City. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived