talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Porto (1) 1-4 (6) Liverpool - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• The title was changed to Porto (0) vs (2) Liverpool - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

While we go into this with the upperhand in the win I still think we're going to need to be careful. They didn't get too many chances in the first leg but they were a bit dangerous and at times Marega looked like he was in as well. An away goal here and then it starts to become very impossible for them.

Interesting how many changes are made for this. The midfield is always rotated anyway but do we make any others? Won't be surprised if he brings Lovren back in. Think the front three should all start but we should hopefully be in a position to rest a couple of them with half an hour left.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Interesting how many changes are made for this. The midfield is always rotated anyway but do we make any others? Won't be surprised if he brings Lovren back in. Think the front three should all start but we should hopefully be in a position to rest a couple of them with half an hour left.

Not opposed to Lovren starting this tbh. He's much better in European competition than his league form anyways. I figure we should give Salah a bit more time on the pitch as well since his goal-scoring form is slowly coming back as well (and what a time for it too). 

We have to believe until there's no possibility to advance left.

Hope we can create a magical atmosphere and push Liverpool against the ropes. 

2-0, then to be decided on ET.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 04:59, Mel81x said:

Not opposed to Lovren starting this tbh. He's much better in European competition than his league form anyways. I figure we should give Salah a bit more time on the pitch as well since his goal-scoring form is slowly coming back as well (and what a time for it too). 

Lovren's out with illness, because of his ridiculously poor immune system. Setting a new record between illnesses with making only 1 appearance.

He's either got to buy himself a scarf and a hat and stay indoors... or he doesn't have any illness at all and just has a bad coke problem.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Imagine if it is a Porto v Ajax final

We shall find out today but having said that most people thought Juventus were going to go far and they didn't which then leaves me hope that City might get knocked out too. I don't know how we'll do in our match but I really don't think they are going to be as easy to beat as some may think.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Very wet out there. Klopp to mention? 

Why do you hate Klopp so much?

All you've mentioned in this thread is a post about Klopp and his excuses. Just say you hate him. Get it out your system. You'll feel good afterwards :) 

VAR is fucking shit in the champions league. Why did it take that long for a simple decision. No wonder people get fucked off by it. 

Otherwise, class. You'd think that would be tie over now. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

VAR is fucking shit in the champions league. Why did it take that long for a simple decision. No wonder people get fucked off by it. 

Otherwise, class. You'd think that would be tie over now. 

I dont' see how it takes so long. They have a line guide (infact two) and they have all the angles. Should take less than 30 seconds on average imo

I think we're probably through now.

Bet Porto fans wish Marega was a better finisher. His wastefulness cost them in the first leg, but especially in this leg - they had 14 shots on goal before we had ours (which led to our goal). Pretty ridiculous tbh.

• Subscriber

Just one more goal and this tie is over. Having said that do they not have someone else with a bit more pace on their side to put up with Marega? Some of the balls played above our defensive line could be gotten to by a slightly faster player.

• The title was changed to Porto (1) 1-4 (6) Liverpool - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived