talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Porto (1) 1-4 (6) Liverpool - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Just one more goal and this tie is over. Having said that do they not have someone else with a bit more pace on their side to put up with Marega? Some of the balls played above our defensive line could be gotten to by a slightly faster player.

Mate, as it stands they have to score four. We don't need another goal. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Mate, as it stands they have to score four. We don't need another goal. 

They've had so many chances and you'd imagine they are going to convert at some point. Plus, we haven't really stopped them from getting chances on the goal either. I'd like another to take players off and start resting them for the next domestic game.

Porto have clearly been the better side, except for the finishing part. Maybe Klopp will have a word with our fullbacks to just be a wee  bit conservative. Every time Porto have the ball, its 3 versus VVD and Matip. We also need to kill the tempo. 

Good finish from Mane, but lovely ball from Salah. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

They've had so many chances and you'd imagine they are going to convert at some point. Plus, we haven't really stopped them from getting chances on the goal either. I'd like another to take players off and start resting them for the next domestic game.

How many chances have they had where you've thought 'great chance' or 'great save from Alisson' ? I can't think of one to be honest

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How many chances have they had where you've thought 'great chance' or 'great save from Alisson' ? I can't think of one to be honest

If Marega took his chances better there'd be more. I also think hes incredibly slow for the kind of game they are playing which is good for us but bad for them. That's why I asked if they don't have someone faster to accompany him because he is going to cause our defenders issues but he has no speed to get to the through balls or the over the line balls either. I think the tie is dusted too but after last night's weird fiasco and that game going on at the Etihad its best not to take any chances here.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I really think you'll be fine unless there's an Istanbul-esque turn-around and with this Liverpool side, I can't see it happening.

I love box-to-box Hendo. And I'm not one of those gimps that doesn't rate Henderson just because when he plays in the number 6 role he's pretty conservative... because he's literally playing as a holding midfielder, so you'd expect him to. But he's just so good in a box to box role. 

• The title was changed to Porto (1) 1-4 (6) Liverpool - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Porto making a bit of a habit of having their pants pulled down in the Knockout stages. Twice to Liverpool and the absolute demolition against Bayern. 

It's really disappointing to see. 

Agreed.

Have some fucking pride, for fuck sake. This is not (will all due respect to those clubs) a Sunday League club. 

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, in a time where some of Europe's giants are going through a dry spell (Milan, Inter, Man Utd), but I grew up watching us going toe-to-toe with the best teams. Very rarely being twatted in the fashion we've been in the last 4 years, making our stadium a true fortress (it was, not long ago, one of the hardest places to go in Europe), and now, we've moved to this complete shambles we're in, at the moment.

You know you've gone to the complete shitter when your fans applaud the team, after losing 1-4 at home.

Pinto da Costa, quite simply, fuck off old bat. 

Congrats to the Pool boys in here. You were the best team over the two legs (again). Just a different level compared to us.

39 minutes ago, ASF said:

Agreed.

Have some fucking pride, for fuck sake. This is not (will all due respect to those clubs) a Sunday League club. 

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, in a time where some of Europe's giants are going through a dry spell (Milan, Inter, Man Utd), but I grew up watching us going toe-to-toe with the best teams. Very rarely being twatted in the fashion we've been in the last 4 years, making our stadium a true fortress (it was, not long ago, one of the hardest places to go in Europe), and now, we've moved to this complete shambles we're in, at the moment.

You know you've gone to the complete shitter when your fans applaud the team, after losing 1-4 at home.

Pinto da Costa, quite simply, fuck off old bat. 

Congrats to the Pool boys in here. You were the best team over the two legs (again). Just a different level compared to us.

Last year we seemed miles ahead of you over the two legs. This year... I think a 5 goal deficit in aggregate score is so fucking harsh on you. Unlike last year when we went away to you, you actually took the match to us in the first half of this match. Not many great chances, but still you'd had 13 or 14 shots to our 0... up until first goal. And at Anfield, you're just unlucky that none of Morega's 4 or 5 chances went in.

That lad's finishing is shite btw. At least it was against us, he wasted so many chances. The second half was a different story, momentum was well with us at that point. To the point where you pulling one back didn't even matter to the lads, they were determined for more goals after you scored.

I agree we were the best team over the 2 legs again... but I don't think you've done as bad as the big scoreline difference suggests.

• Subscriber

Don’t think Porto were anything like they were last season when we beat them by with much more ease and the scoreline certainly doesn’t reflect how much pressure they actually started dishing out on us in the beginning of the match. It’s that first goal which disrupted the entire game because until then you had the feeling that they were going to score the first goal and put some pressure on us. Then it all went wrong and at one point it looked like the players had also given up as opposed to how they came out of the gate hurrying and pressuring us. Even our goalkeeper got so nervous he started clearing the ball out instead of trying to find another player.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived