talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City (4) 4-3a (4) Tottenham - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Honestly surprised at how buzzing I am for Poch.

Deserves a big moment like this so much. 

To be fair, did love his passion right at the end. Must have been relief for him as well for a huge part.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

As crazy as this night has been that's the end of the road for Spurs, Ajax will defend much better than that and will score past what is a poor defence. 

Will be class seeing Ajax in the final too if they can do it. 

As much as I'd absolutely love Ajax to go through, I think Spurs will win. But then reckon Barca (if they beat Liverpool) will beat Spurs in the final.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Given the sides confirmed though you'd have to fancy Barcelona to go all the way, they're head and shoulders above the rest. 

A Cruyff final would be special though and would have almost a "friendly" feel to it, true football would win whatever the result.

Liverpool could beat Barcelona I think

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Thought Spurs were dreadful tonight but as good as City played they also made their own mistakes which lost them the game. City also messed up the first leg. 

Anyway, what a sport.

Dreadful in defence not in attack

Obviously didn't expect it to turn out exactly like this but I was confused why everyone seemed to be brushing off how bad City were at Spurs. I thought it was a huge deal for them at the time.

City went negative away from home and it's cost them disastrously two years in a row. And Guardiola has been fucked by the away goals rule basically 6 years in a row now.

At Bayern he consistently failed to score away from home, and at City he's had a high-scoring clusterfuck win against Monaco which came back to haunt them, and then two more years of drawing blanks away from home in the first leg. 

It's quite hard to see whether it was handball. His scin seems to ripple but it is possibly hitting back into his body. I think it does hit his arm personally 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived