talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City (4) 4-3a (4) Tottenham - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Football fans in general tend to be pretty black and white I think

With the amount of money concentrated in the top clubs its really no grey area left for them. They are supposed to win trophies 

Not sure if Pep can be blamed for this. Aguero missed a crucial away penalty, poor giveaway by Laporte for Son's first goal today and one set piece goal which was probably questionable. I think the blame is to be more on the players, isnt it?

10 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Laporte gives them a 2 goal start, get the cunt off! 

Proved costly in the end, you need a bit of luck in cup comps and the luck was with Spurs going through with a handball goal  ..Aw well, looks like it's just going to be a domestic quad then :coffee:

8 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Both var decisions go against city. For spurs handball call they just showed the ref the same angle over and over.  There was a different angle showing it hit the arm. 

Any city fans in here to weigh in their thoughts?

We go out un-fairly, it is what it is  ..good luck Spurs!  (they should give us the 3pts on Saturday to make up for it :ph34r:)

I missed the opening 20 minutes xD, overall an exciting game of football for the fans and the neutrals. Didn't expect Spurs to pull it off after 4-2 but credit where its due. Doubt there will be another classic on Saturday, however if Spurs manage to get a draw they could easily fuck City's season.

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That's not going to happen, we will be more hungry for whats left on the table, we just beat Spurs and we will beat them again on Saturday by a bigger margin ;)

I can hope, can't I? xD

Strange experience watching it with a Spurs mate in a back cornen of a pub which had Liverpool on the majority of screens and the commentary. As the Liverpool game finished it all switched to this and the pub went absolutely wild when Sterling's goal was ruled out, obviously there's the possible destabilising of Manchester City's season but I think there was a genuine will for the 'underdog' to do it. Spurs deserve it overall, I thought Manchester City were excellent going forward but abysmal at the back, LA Porte and Kompany looked well off it. Both big decisions were right for me, although it was cruel for Manchester City to celebrate for nearly a minute before the cold, unfeeling 'no goal' flashes up on the screen. Think Guardiola made an error bringing Add to dictionary on so early, coupled with the strange line up in London I think it's fair to say Guardiola played his part in Manchester City's exit over the 2 legs.

Ajax v Spurs will be brilliant, as good as Ajax are Spurs will approach with a different mindset than Real Madrid and Juventus and I think are well capable of making the final.

• Subscriber

Only saw the second half but watched highlights of the whole match and that game beats anything I have seen for a long, long while, congratulations to both teams and especially Spurs, poor old Pep, he just cannot win the Champions League with any other team than Barca, maybe he might move on again and try somewhere else, Barca>Bayern>City>? :P

e1fed344-9e67-4b14-a94b-00ecb61c7813.jpg

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Only saw the second half but watched highlights of the whole match and that game beats anything I have seen for a long, long while, congratulations to both teams and especially Spurs, poor old Pep, he just cannot win the Champions League with any other team than Barca, maybe he might move on again and try somewhere else, Barca>Bayern>City>? :P

Pep went out to a handball goal though so what can he do? ..really he should of gone through

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep went out to a handball goal though so what can he do? ..really he should of gone through

City certainly haven't had the rub of the green over the last two years that is for sure. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

City certainly haven't had the rub of the green over the last two years that is for sure. 

It is what it is, we have had the rub of the green in other competitions so we cant complain and we still got a cup final to play and a title to win

@Cicero have you got the quote from the rule book? I know you managed to get it before. 

I managed to find an article which says that of the ball touches a players hand even if it is accidental the goal is disallowed. So I think that means that even if the players arms are right by his side it is still disallowed.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

We have the shield too so worst case we have 2 bits of silverware ^_^

Even David Moyes managed to win that 😉

8 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I rate Ederson,  but man, when the stakes are high you need your goalkeeper to take it to the next level and make difficult saves. He´s not offering that to City. I don´t want to unfair, like I´ve said I rate him, but in my opinion, the main reason why Tottenham advanced is Lloris made the important saves whereas Ederson didn´t. 

Still, I´m happy for Lucas Moura. He got a lot of flak in France, so it´s nice to see him thrive in England.

Laporte made 2 huge fuck ups that led to goal's, i blame him   ...and the ref for the handball goal

• The topic was unpinned

Archived