talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City (4) 4-3a (4) Tottenham - Wednesday 17th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Cicero have you got the quote from the rule book? I know you managed to get it before. 

I managed to find an article which says that of the ball touches a players hand even if it is accidental the goal is disallowed. So I think that means that even if the players arms are right by his side it is still disallowed.

Isn't that the rule from next year onwards? I think the correct decision was made last night.

• Subscriber

Kane got injured at the right time for Spurs, won all their league games while he had his injury earlier this year, lost 7 out of 9 when he returned, they better without him for some strange reason.

21 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Isn't that the rule from next year onwards? I think the correct decision was made last night.

I think it's this year. Even if it was the old rules his hand changes the direction of the ball so it would have been disallowed anyway

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it's this year. Even if it was the old rules his hand changes the direction of the ball so it would have been disallowed anyway

The rule changes next year. There's no way that's handball anyway in my view, his arm is tucked in, I can't even tell if it even touches it.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The rule changes next year. There's no way that's handball anyway in my view, his arm is tucked in, I can't even tell if it even touches it.

According to the telegraph you are right. It clearly isn't a deliberate handball so the goal should stand. But it won't next season. Sorry @Happy Blue beaten fair and square

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

According to the telegraph you are right. It clearly isn't a deliberate handball so the goal should stand. But it won't next season. Sorry @Happy Blue beaten fair and square

If it was or wasn't don't matter  ..the reason we went out was because of the way Pep approached the 1st leg and the way Laporte gave them 2 away goals in the 2nd, that's why we went out

• Subscriber

Ajax vs Spurs will be the better semi-final, Liverpool vs Barcelona will be cagey. I feel if spurs get through they will make  a better game of it, Ajax will tonked in the final against either team. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

It is what it is, we have had the rub of the green in other competitions so we cant complain and we still got a cup final to play and a title to win

Decent of you to say that you had the rub of the green in other competition, we are all blinkered at times when it comes to our teams. Inagine it ended up a Barca vs City? Pep vs his old team, that would have been epic.

Oh happy blue.

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If it was or wasn't don't matter  ..the reason we went out was because of the way Pep approached the 1st leg and the way Laporte gave them 2 away goals in the 2nd, that's why we went out

Who are you and what have you done with happyblue. He never admits city lost fairly :D

Arm is in a natural position, looks like it touches close to his elbow which can’t be anymore in a natural position than it was in. Ball then hits his thigh and goes in.

Never a handball, as far as I’m aware it has to be deliberate or an unatural position i.e. arms wailing around in the air.

The obvious answer to all this on this thread is for a mod to start a 'hand or no hand' survey on all the members and then we all accept and respect the outcome. It was a great game to watch and I am sorry - particularly for my three ex school kids in the City side, but the only thing wronf with VAR is the fact that the ref has to have a final say - if it is in doubt, it is unfair to put all the pressure on him at the ground - the VAR refs should have a definite answer for him so he can get on with the game - as they did with the final Aguero decision - no one called the ref out for that so why leave him vulnerable for the other?  Handling that game was - at least - hard and some others might have bottled it - but he, sadly, will be remembered for the 'hand or no hand' final decision.  Let's all just be thankful that we were privileged to be able to see the match - it will stay in the memory for a long, long time and was a credit to two great teams and two fine managers!

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

The obvious answer to all this on this thread is for a mod to start a 'hand or no hand' survey on all the members and then we all accept and respect the outcome. It was a great game to watch and I am sorry - particularly for my three ex school kids in the City side, but the only thing wronf with VAR is the fact that the ref has to have a final say - if it is in doubt, it is unfair to put all the pressure on him at the ground - the VAR refs should have a definite answer for him so he can get on with the game - as they did with the final Aguero decision - no one called the ref out for that so why leave him vulnerable for the other?  Handling that game was - at least - hard and some others might have bottled it - but he, sadly, will be remembered for the 'hand or no hand' final decision.  Let's all just be thankful that we were privileged to be able to see the match - it will stay in the memory for a long, long time and was a credit to two great teams and two fine managers!

Correct, the video refs should make the call then relay the decision to the ref like in rugby league  

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

Sometimes this TFF can surprise you - Happy Blue answered my comments with respect - even though earlier he had blamed the ref - thanks fella! Nice to see your response:congrats:

Happy is a good un... I know he pisses about a lot with some of his comments but he is sensible really... which is a very rare thing among Manchester fans.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's not over yet  ..we should of gone through in the CL but here we are

I don't think this is an indication of what you'll do in the league. You gave up a chance in the first leg and actually won the second game. I doubt Spurs will come back with the same flair at the weekend so that should be a win for you'll and move you'll past one hurdle onto the next (United) which I doubt you'll will lose either.

This weekend will be interesting if Ilkay and Joel come up against each other.  They were together as kids but that will count for nothing. Leroy was in the same skool but too young to be involved with the big kids (Manuel and Mesut amongst them).  It's great to see so many of them doing so well - makes an old man happy:dam:

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I don't think this is an indication of what you'll do in the league. You gave up a chance in the first leg and actually won the second game. I doubt Spurs will come back with the same flair at the weekend so that should be a win for you'll and move you'll past one hurdle onto the next (United) which I doubt you'll will lose either.

Main thing going for Saturday is we can rotate all the defence and most the attacking players while Spurs don't have that luxury  ..surprised they didn't stay in Manchester so they going to be travelling back up half of tomorrow for a dinner kickoff on Saturday

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Main thing going for Saturday is we can rotate all the defence and most the attacking players while Spurs don't have that luxury  ..surprised they didn't stay in Manchester so they going to be travelling back up half of tomorrow for a dinner kickoff on Saturday

Levy didn't buy any players in the summer you think hes going to pay for a stay in Manchester? 

14 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

This weekend will be interesting if Ilkay and Joel come up against each other.  They were together as kids but that will count for nothing. Leroy was in the same skool but too young to be involved with the big kids (Manuel and Mesut amongst them).  It's great to see so many of them doing so well - makes an old man happy:dam:

Don't think Gundogan will play, it will be Fernandinho in the middle, Sane should start though

41 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

They don't need to lose one to let Liverpool in. A draw will do.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived