talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eintracht Frankfurt (4) a2-0 (4) Benfica - Thursday 18th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How I expect Frankfurt to line up

-------------------Rebic --- Jovic----------------------
Kostic -- Rode -- De Guzman -- Da Costa
------------------------Fernandes ---------------------
----Hinteregger ----Hasebe --Abraham------
----------------------------Trapp--------------------------

1-0 Eintracht at half-time. 

I don't understand why Benfica are sitting back. They played forward for about 5 minutes, but outside of that, they are just loading up the box which you can't do against this team with this kind of talent on the front line. While the goal was unlucky since it was offside, Eintracht have been the better team, BY FAR. 

However, still losing on agg., so get another goal and this place will go bananas. 

Ridiculous that the CL has the VAR, but not the Europa League. 

Eintracht has done nothing, to justify being in the lead. They had more ball, but no clear chances.

Benfica can pull this off.

1 minute ago, ASF said:

Ridiculous that the CL has the VAR, but not the Europa League. 

Eintracht has done nothing, to justify being in the lead. They had more ball, but no clear chances.

Benfica can pull this off.

O.o

Jovic has had two free headers go over the bar, Da Costa was wide open but mishit the ball, and Kostic did a beautiful entry pass to Jovic in the box, but was incorrectly called offside. 

I agree the Europa League needs VAR, but Eintracht have been far and away better because Benfica is sitting back, which is an awful game plan. 

• The title was changed to Eintracht Frankfurt (4) a2-0 (4) Benfica - Thursday 18th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived