talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eintracht Frankfurt (4) a2-0 (4) Benfica - Thursday 18th April, 2019 (QF 2nd Leg)

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Obviously the offside for 1-0 will hurt for Benfica, but ultimately they had almost a whole game against 10 men to kill the tie, at home, against a much less experienced team, and they blew it.

We lost this one at home. Embarrassing to have conceded two while one man up. Frankfurt obviously deserve to go through.

They didn't even create much today... to lose a game like this 2-0 is extremely annoying and ameteur-ish.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sebastian Vettel's team has done it! 

If Vettel is a Frankfurt supporter, than I'm not a Vettel supporter. 

I've been drinking since I got home, fucking over the moon about what happened today. Even purchased a Kostic kit.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

If Vettel is a Frankfurt supporter, than I'm not a Vettel supporter. 

I've been drinking since I got home, fucking over the moon about what happened today. Even purchased a Kostic kit.

Yes, Vettel is an avid Eintracht Frankfurt supporter, and even though he could get VIP tickets easily, he chooses to attend the matches at "normal" seats. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yes, Vettel is an avid Eintracht Frankfurt supporter, and even though he could get VIP tickets easily, he chooses to attend the matches at "normal" seats. 

Love it. Seriously everything i have seen and heard from him makes him out to be an absolute fantastic and good guy. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Love it. Seriously everything i have seen and heard from him makes him out to be an absolute fantastic and good guy. 

He truly is. I just hope he can get back to the top of his game :( #FuckMercedes

20 hours ago, Eco said:

O.o

Jovic has had two free headers go over the bar, Da Costa was wide open but mishit the ball, and Kostic did a beautiful entry pass to Jovic in the box, but was incorrectly called offside. 

I agree the Europa League needs VAR, but Eintracht have been far and away better because Benfica is sitting back, which is an awful game plan. 

Don't think Eintracht was that superior, like you're saying.

Benfica should and could have done better at home, but when Eintracht goes through because of a blatant off-side like that, I can't congratulate them and give credit for their qualification.

Just now, ASF said:

Don't think Eintracht was that superior, like you're saying.

Benfica should and could have done better at home, but when Eintracht goes through because of a blatant off-side like that, I can't congratulate them and give credit for their qualification.

I think in the first half (when I wrote that), it was all Eintracht. Benfica came out and parked the bus, carefully unleashing Felix on a random counter, but really didn't offer much at all in terms of providing a threat. 

Second half they switched tactics, and were much better, and it was much more even, with both teams having a few great opportunities to score. 

It was a horrendous call, mind you, but that's a ref/Europa issue for not having VAR. That has nothing to do with Eintracht expect this time it helped us, when next time it's likely to go against us. The fact that Europa doesn't have VAR for help in that kind of situation is laughable. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived