• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Notre Dame on Fire

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Azeem said:

I posted earlier that a lot a churches have been attacked in France for the last two months this might also be a case of arson

On 30/03/2019 at 23:48, Azeem said:

Vandals, arsonists target French Catholic churches

More than 10 churches have been hit since the beginning of February, with some set on fire while others were severely desecrated or damaged.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-europe/2019/03/28/vandals-arsonists-target-french-catholic-churches/

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I posted earlier that a lot a churches have been attacked in France for the last two months this might also be a case of arson

They're saying it might be linked to the renovation works going on. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Wow -that looks very serious. 

Hope they are able to get it out without too much damage..

Looks like the whole thing is going up in flames, probably not going to be a lot left to save unless they can get it under control but from what I am seeing it looks too late

Cathedral spokesman Andre Finot told Le Monde: ‘Everything is burning. The frame - which dates to the 19th century on one side and the 13th century on the other – there will be nothing left.

‘We will have to wait and see whether the vault, which protects the Cathedral, will be touched by the fire on not.’ 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Man, a lot of jokes and 'laughing emojis' on Facebook right now. grating my nerves. Maybe I'm overly sentimental about history but this is a disaster! 

IDdb0Sq.jpg

31 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Boy the vigilant atheists are as bad as religious nut job. 

Morons! It isn’t it being a cathedral, or a religious icon. It is a near nine hundred year old piece of art. A testament to genius and determination of those that designed and built it with bare hands, no electricity! Some of us can’t even put together an ikea flst pack without fucking up.

I’m sure the people laughing now wouldn’t make jokes of the Hagia Sophia, Vaishno Devi, or Western Wall’s destruction,

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

Man, a lot of jokes and 'laughing emojis' on Facebook right now. grating my nerves. Maybe I'm overly sentimental about history but this is a disaster! 

This. I got to visit maybe 15 years ago, and my initial reaction has only ever been topped by two cathedrals. The Duomo and Koln's. 

Absolutely heartbreaking.  

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Stood for nearly a century, burned down in a day. Just sit back and think that this work of art was built in 1163... 

A millenium not century, you scouse prick

Archived