talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Johnson Caught On Camera Wishing He'd Raped Victim

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think so personally. If someone killed my daughter in a drunken rage and I saw them sweeping the streets a month later I'd not be very happy. 

In fact I'd probably be taking their job as a street sweeper in all honesty. 

That is an emotional reaction to the question. I think most people would act in an irrational manner when it's family involved. Coming from a completely rational perspective would it better to reform someone that isn't a hard criminal instead of sending them to the institutionalized prison system?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

That is an emotional reaction to the question. I think most people would act in an irrational manner when it's family involved. Coming from a completely rational perspective would it better to reform someone that isn't a hard criminal instead of sending them to the institutionalized prison system?

Maybe?! 

Its a very sketchy subject and most probably would split opinion. 

I'll go into more tomoz because right now I'm gonna throw on my shirt, splash the old aftershave around, and go and get absolutely twatted :D

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe?! 

Its a very sketchy subject and most probably would split opinion. 

I'll go into more tomoz because right now I'm gonna throw on my shirt, splash the old aftershave around, and go and get absolutely twatted :D

In which pub though :ph34r:

The part where he's talking about his own situation suggests he doesn't seem to think he did that much wrong as he doesn't seem to know that the way she was dressed or the fact she was seeking attention from him doesn't really absolve him of anything as he was the adult in the situation and should've simply known better. I don't however think he actually wishes he raped her, it was basically him saying if he would've done something worth the sentence then fair enough.

The part where he's talking about the grey area of drunk sex in relation to it potentially being considered rape was a valid point which there should be a further discussion over. The part where he's suggesting he got a harsher punishment because he's famous isn't something that I think people can really argue with.

In summary, good points about the flawed and inconsistent and somewhat confusing manner of the justice system but he showed a complete lack of self awareness and lack of personal responsibility regarding his own situation.

I think that's a fair assessment of his whole rant.

There's something missing from the discussion on Johnson's sentence that needs to be brought up.

That Adam Johnson initially pleaded innocent and was found guilty. He also changed his plea on some charges when he realised they'd got him bang to rights. Hence why he ended up with such a long sentence, he showed himself to be an untrustworthy liar who treat the victim disgustingly in doing so, we shouldn't allow him to leave that out of the influencing factors behind his 6 year sentence.

Why did he say he was innocent? Probably to milk over £1m more out of his football career. If he pleaded guilty he would be sacked there and then. He dragged it out for a year and fully deserves his punishment.

He's going around talking as if he's one of the Birmingham six.

Archived