talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Historical F1

Just now, nudge said:

If you want historical F1 then join me on full-season rewatch on Sundays ¬¬ 

We don't have access to it like you do with all your illegal downloading shenanigans. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

We don't have access to it like you do with all your illegal downloading shenanigans. :ph34r:

Maybe should check youtube and dailymotion out... pretty much everything is available if you look hard enough. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Maybe should check youtube and dailymotion out... pretty much everything is available if you look hard enough. 

Dailymotion is still around? I think I haven't been on there for like a decade. xD 

But I'm up for anything in these times. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

If you want historical F1 then join me on full-season rewatch on Sundays ¬¬ 

Sorry, too busy self isolating on Sundays. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Dailymotion is still around? I think I haven't been on there for like a decade. xD 

I use it to watch wrestling PPVs the day after they are aired xD

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yeah Dailymotion is still around and still has plenty of F1 full races. Also here's the 1978 Brazilian GP full race on youtube. I'm watching it on Sunday as usual. Second race in the 1978 season.

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah Dailymotion is still around and still has plenty of F1 full races. Also here's the 1978 Brazilian GP full race on youtube. I'm watching it on Sunday as usual. Second race in the 1978 season.

I might watch it fully too. But after taking a sneak peek, the lack of safety measurements gives me anxiety. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I might watch it fully too. But after taking a sneak peek, the lack of safety measurements gives me anxiety. 

I love it; absolutely no margin for error. Glad that the sport is so much safer nowadays but it's this insanity and living on the edge that always made it so appealing; both to participate and to watch. 

Watched the Argentian GP; the first race in 1978 season last Sunday. The track mostly looked a countryside road surrounded by grass with no barriers. Fantastic xD 

Just now, nudge said:

I love it; absolutely no margin for error. Glad that the sport is so much safer nowadays but it's this insanity and living on the edge that always made it so appealing; both to participate and to watch. 

Watched the Argentian GP; the first race in 1978 season last Sunday. The track mostly looked a countryside road surrounded by grass with no barriers. Fantastic xD 

Even when I watch races now, with all the safety measurements, I still get anxious right after the start when the whole grid is so close together. I don't know if I can stomach 70's and 80's races, let alone before that time. But I understand the appeal. In hindsight it was absolutely mad though. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

1978 for any particular reason @nudge?

Oh just the first full season with all races available that I could get my hands on. Didn't want to watch just random single races. Started this as a way to keep on enjoying racing Sundays with Dad during the quarantine. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Even when I watch races now, with all the safety measurements, I still get anxious right after the start when the whole grid is so close together. I don't know if I can stomach 70's and 80's races, let alone before that time. But I understand the appeal. In hindsight it was absolutely mad though. 

Ahhh I just love the adrenaline rush. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think I've been suffering from PTSD since watching the Kubica Crash in Canada in 2007 live. 

Yeah that was a heavy one... But I don't know; everytime something similar happens you're shaken for a while and then you move on and carry on. Especially when you're not directly involved.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

I think I've been suffering from PTSD since watching the Kubica Crash in Canada in 2007 live. 

You were there?! Did you see it like right in front of you or were you at a different part of the track? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

You were there?! Did you see it like right in front of you or were you at a different part of the track? 

Na, on TV. :D I meant live as in live on TV. Sounded a bit wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

8 races into watching 1978 Season already; just finished the Swedish GP a while ago. Brabham-Alfa Romeo introduced the BT46B in this race, a B version of their car with a huge fan at the back of the car, in order to increase the downforce and so counter the dominance of the ground-effect Lotus 79. 

Just look at it:

280605_w620_h500.jpg?ts=1571331223

w620_h500_221953.jpg

Madness! xD 

Also Lauda won the race with a fantastic overtake on Andretti.

• Wow 1

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

8 races into watching 1978 Season already; just finished the Swedish GP a while ago. Brabham-Alfa Romeo introduced the BT46B in this race, a B version of their car with a huge fan at the back of the car, in order to increase the downforce and so counter the dominance of the ground-effect Lotus 79. 

Just look at it:

280605_w620_h500.jpg?ts=1571331223

w620_h500_221953.jpg

Madness! xD 

Also Lauda won the race with a fantastic overtake on Andretti.

Loving the commentary from Toto Wolff.

• Confused 1