• Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to AFC World Cup Qualifiers
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Azeem said:

60893073_10161646026445234_5864115975342

This is where we'll be playing our away leg :x

It's a lovely stadium. It was designed by Cambodia's best known architect in the 60s and thus has a very Cambodia (and especially Phnom Penh) specific look. Not sure how long it is going to survive with all the new construction madness though. The locals are also proper crazy about football when it comes to the national team...  

You shouldn't have any trouble with winning the match though haha.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's a lovely stadium. It was designed by Cambodia's best known architect in the 60s and thus has a very Cambodia (and especially Phnom Penh) specific look. Not sure how long it is going to survive with all the new construction madness though. The locals are also proper crazy about football when it comes to the national team...  

You shouldn't have any trouble with winning the match though haha.

I'm not so sure, they have Honda on their coaching staff and we've had some serious political struggles going on in the FA that got us banned for three years and still not settled.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I'm not so sure, they have Honda on their coaching staff and we've had some serious political struggles going on in the FA that got us banned for three years and still not settled.

Yeah but Honda is a part-time coach only and is barely ever here, he sends his assistants to Cambodia to look at players for national selection and just has a few video sessions with them from time to time... Doubt that's enough to make them into a functioning team. I hope they can win but I see it as very unlikely...

6 hours ago, Azeem said:

60893073_10161646026445234_5864115975342

This is where we'll be playing our away leg :x

You look to be soooooo far away from the pitch.  I do like the circular look though. 

20 minutes ago, Eco said:

You look to be soooooo far away from the pitch.  I do like the circular look though. 

This is where i think England beats rest of the world, stands closer to the pitch creates an amazing atmosphere 

England may have certainly started it, but it's also here in the States. Of course, none of our stadiums have tracks, and only 1 is a damn baseball stadium. 

Atlanta%20Stadium.jpg?null

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Eco said:

Actually its not so bad really. The key is to not have too much of an elevation and it kind of helps in most cases. When you get that terrible gradient its really annoying. For example, the BFC (Bangalore Football Club) has the same kind of config as the pic and the match is totally watchable and you can see players quite well.

Cambodia 2-0 Pakistan

Was an entertaining game, we should have put away the chances we created despite the wet pitch that was favoring the home side, both goals were scored by their 17 years old striker in the end great finishing by him. 

@nudge What's with the :51_scream: reaction ?

as i already said out football is in a political turmoil at the moment, the FA president recognized in the country isn't recognized by fifa that's why we will be playing our home leg in Qatar and that's why a lot of our first team players weren't called up for this tie.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived