talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Vietnam and Thailand lead 1-0 against Indonesia and UAE respectively. Cambodia sadly 0-2 down against Iraq. 

That’s big for Thailand! Hope they keep the lead. Much rather eastern Asian teams than the cheating BS of the western Asian sides.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That Thai lead didn't last too long. The UAE are tied now.

Edit: Just saw the Thai squad. Chanathip is not playing?

Chanathip's injured :( A few others are missing too.

Either way it's 2-1 as Thailand retake the lead!

• Subscriber

2-1 FT; a massive win for the Thais as they take the top spot in the group. Vietnam second but on equal points with Thailand after their 3-1 win against Indonesia earlier today. 

Cambodia last in their group after another defeat; this time 0-4 against Iraq :( 

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

We somehow conceded to Chinese Taipei, that’s too long and BS I’m calling them Taiwan from now. 

Up 4-1 at half time.

Somehow Nepal beat these guys 2-0 but Jordan only beat Taiwan 2-1. Mad.

This is the best thing though...

FA3D1B07-4D6F-45B6-A2E1-4AE425CA50D4.jpeg

He actually plays for my team York 9. Good to see him get some minutes! Go on you mighty duck!

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Haha no lies about the discussion part.

I honestly think people think Asia is some walkover and sometimes I think if more Asian countries did well at the WC then the entire AFC would get some recognition because I doubt anyone gave Japan any credit even when they almost put Belgium in their place and the only saving grace in that match was a 94th minute goal to progress from the Round of 18. Japan would have done better than Belgium at the WC but that's just my opinion.

Asia is the 3rd best continent after UEFA and CONMEBOL though I'd like to think. Mexico is better than most Asian sides no doubt other than maybe Japan, but Iran and Australia in my humble opinion are better than the rest in CONCACAF. 

It's still way behind the top 2 continents but really nobody will come close to even CONMEBOL in a long time if ever. The competition in South America is too high, while the top Europeans will always produce world class talent. So 3rd is a good place to be and honestly I liked what Iran and Japan showed in Russia. 

All CONCACAF's got is Mexico really. USA will probably bounce back at some point but right now it's Mexico and nobody else.

38 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Asia is the 3rd best continent after UEFA and CONMEBOL though I'd like to think. Mexico is better than most Asian sides no doubt other than maybe Japan, but Iran and Australia in my humble opinion are better than the rest in CONCACAF. 

It's still way behind the top 2 continents but really nobody will come close to even CONMEBOL in a long time if ever. The competition in South America is too high, while the top Europeans will always produce world class talent. So 3rd is a good place to be and honestly I liked what Iran and Japan showed in Russia. 

All CONCACAF's got is Mexico really. USA will probably bounce back at some point but right now it's Mexico and nobody else.

I don't necessarily agree, Asia, Africa and North/Central America are all regions with similar quality. But the European national teams and South American national teams are miles ahead. 

26 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Bahrain 1-0 Iran, first defeat for Iran against Asian opposition after six years

The tiny island of Bahrain always seem to give their big neighbours Iran a very tough game. It's not too surprising that they have won against them again, Bahrain seem to always punch above their weight in Asia.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I don't necessarily agree, Asia, Africa and North/Central America are all regions with similar quality. But the European national teams and South American national teams are miles ahead. 

North America and Asia similar but Asia have better top teams for the most part. I'd have them slightly above North America.

Africa has great players but nothing to show for it, so I'd have them below both.

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Big game between Iraq and Iran. Iran would want to win this badly after losing earlier to Bahrain and considering the political hostility right now in Iraq for Iran will be a huge factor. 

Think Iraq and Iran will come out of this group with the better scores. Weren't a lot of Iran players injured in the last match? I seem to remember them missing key goal-scorers.

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think Iraq and Iran will come out of this group with the better scores. Weren't a lot of Iran players injured in the last match? I seem to remember them missing key goal-scorers.

Yes and Iran has other problems too. Willmott is not happy with the federation and rumors are he wants to leave. The game will be played in Iraq despite Iran's concern so it will be a real tough game for them, hostile crowd, injured squad and a manager who is undecided about his future with the team. 

1 hour ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Yes and Iran has other problems too. Willmott is not happy with the federation and rumors are he wants to leave. The game will be played in Iraq despite Iran's concern so it will be a real tough game for them, hostile crowd, injured squad and a manager who is undecided about his future with the team. 

Last time i checked it said Iraq but it has been shifted to Jordan

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Last time i checked it said Iraq but it has been shifted to Jordan

Probably best for both parties involved. No sense in playing it in a an area that could be dangerous.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

I'm still expecting booing the national anthems from the local fans which there will be a lot

I don't expect them to be showing each other any respect there. I don't see how its even possible and I also expect it to be a rough game which I am totally looking forward to.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived