talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

We've got Arabs in Iran too xD - join us!

Also I think you replied before my edit went through. What's the book you're reading?

image.png.1a2b87f35492053c71247331edeb99ce.png

And then my next fiction will be -

image.png.10be30b6a54d2806bbf18925641cab43.png

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We've got Arabs in Iran too xD - join us!

I'm actually shocked as I just read that according to the Foreign Language Institute, Farsi is actually considered easier to learn than Arabic, and about on par with learning Russian.

Just now, Eco said:

I'm actually shocked as I just read that according to the Foreign Language Institute, Farsi is actually considered easier to learn than Arabic, and about on par with learning Russian.

Farsi's a lot easier to learn than Arabic, imo. Although I'm biased because I grew up with half my family being from Iran and learned the language as a kid xD - the alphabet is the same, so I can read (very slowly and shittily, I must say) Arabic... but I have no idea what's being said most of the time. That'd be the case for any Arab speakers that don't know Farsi either... just backwards. I've always wondered if that makes things confusing for Iranian-Arabs in Khuzestan who speak both xD

Grammar in Persian is easy if you speak English and (I think, but I'm not sure) German. And you can (kind of) understand anyone speaking Dari or Tajiki (because they're extremely similar languages) - I knew an Afghani kid at uni, and that's how I learned how similar Dari is to Farsi.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doesn't Qatar automatically qualify? Why are they in a qualification group?

@nudge @McAzeem @Stan - tagging you 3 because you're the 3 people I'd think would maybe know the answer to this 

@Stan is not that smart stop tagging him in everything and stop giving him reps. 

It's the joint qualification for WC and Asian Cup in the second round. Eight group winners and four best-runners qualify for the third round. Since Qatar is the host if they finish top of their group ( which they likely will) it will be five best runner-ups that'll go through.

Big win for Iran; group is still tight Iraq will be a tougher opponent. 

P. S A lot of Iranians get pissed if you say Farsi while speaking in English. Call it with what's it's called in English, Persian. 

4 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Big win for Iran; group is still tight Iraq will be a tougher opponent. 

P. S A lot of Iranians get pissed if you say Farsi while speaking in English. Call it with what's it's called in English, Persian. 

A lot of Iranians also don’t give a shit if you say Farsi or Persian either so it’s not a big deal. All the ones that get pissed off about it that I’ve ever met are the biggest cunts I’ve ever met.

Technically it’s not good English to say Farsi instead of Persian because it’s like saying “I speak Espanol” instead of “I speak Spanish” but it’s not like… something worth getting offended over. And shitloads of Iranians call it Farsi while speaking English.

But back to the football, it’s all going to come down to that match against Iraq

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Stan please respond to this so you can collect a rep point xD

@McAzeem is jealous of my superior knowledge.

India-Pakistan relations took a new low when he aimed that comment at me :ph34r:

6 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Would love to see some new faces from Asia this time. Last time it was China when Asia hosted it. Syria and Vietnam are decent bets. 

I wouldn’t mind Syria making it because they’ve had a pretty rough time

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm with you on this. I'd love for Syria to make it, alongside Iran. Would be great to see.

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

@Dr. Gonzo - I went looking online for an Iranian jersey, but couldn't find them anywhere. I only found one website that sold them and they were sold out. Any ideas?

They are really really hard to get anywhere in the west - virtually impossible tbh.

I asked my uncle who lives in Iran to get me one before I left the UK… but he never did xD

Short of going to Beijing’s Silk Street and getting yourself a knockoff… or looking at one of the websites where you can get good fake kits… I’m not sure we can easily get any real Iran jersey.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They are really really hard to get anywhere in the west - virtually impossible tbh.

I asked my uncle who lives in Iran to get me one before I left the UK… but he never did xD

Short of going to Beijing’s Silk Street and getting yourself a knockoff… or looking at one of the websites where you can get good fake kits… I’m not sure we can easily get any real Iran jersey.

I tried DHGate, which is my go to for cheap kits, but that was a bust.

Call your Uncle and get two of them (for you and me). xD

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

I tried DHGate, which is my go to for cheap kits, but that was a bust.

Call your Uncle and get two of them (for you and me). xD

If you’re serious, I’ll ask him. But he can’t come to the US currently with the whole political situation & Iranians basically being barred from entry - so I’d have to time a trip back to the UK when he’s back in the UK. And I’m pretty sure Iran’s on the UK’s covid red list with how bad covid is there. So I don’t think there’s any predictable timeline on when we could get them unfortunately

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you’re serious, I’ll ask him. But he can’t come to the US currently with the whole political situation & Iranians basically being barred from entry - so I’d have to time a trip back to the UK when he’s back in the UK. And I’m pretty sure Iran’s on the UK’s covid red list with how bad covid is there. So I don’t think there’s any predictable timeline on when we could get them unfortunately 

image.png.cfd6f50bbec1e5b1f5a1f4b379c843e0.png

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

World Cup isn't really about quality anymore so it's not that important what they bring at the finals. It's just nice to see teams from around the World playing, like a festival. Syria and some other Asian teams will be a much better addition than Panama and other shity Concacaf teams :coffee:

34 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

People sell vintage/rare jerseys online. Look for it on ebay or others. 

IMG-20210608-195241.jpg

Cheers - I actually contacted the sender in regards to buying a home and away of Azmoun's jerseys :)

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Cheers - I actually contacted the sender in regards to buying a home and away of Azmoun's jerseys :)

Does he have more than one? I want one lol.

Because of injuries to Vahid Amiri & Kamal Kayambinia Skocic has called up Milad Sarlak & Aref Gholami to the squad for the next two matches.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does he have more than one? I want one lol.

Because of injuries to Vahid Amiri & Kamal Kayambinia Skocic has called up Milad Sarlak & Aref Gholami to the squad for the next two matches. 

haha - depends on your size.

Was wondering how they will adjust 10 fixtures for the final round. Checked the schedule there are games in January & February as well.

Are these FIFA mandated match-days ? Will clubs release the players !?

Archived