talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge according to the FIFA world rankings San Marino are the worst team in the world. But I really can't see them loosing 14.0 to Iran. 

That's great but what does it have to do with me? xD 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Marino are bad but there is worse. I would fancy them against the likes of Cook Islands or Nepal to be completely honest.

They are the worst in Europe, not the worst in the world.

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's great but what does it have to do with me? xD 

Well you know a bit about Asian football and European football 

41 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

San Marino are bad but there is worse. I would fancy them against the likes of Cook Islands or Nepal to be completely honest.

They are the worst in Europe, not the worst in the world.

They're the worst in Europe by a long way. But their worst ever defeat is 13.0 against Germany. Don't think they would loose 14.0 to Iran. Now Cambodia may have attacked Iran where as San Marino put 11 men behind the ball but still don't think they would loose 14.0 to Iran. Also like you said I think teams like cook islands, American Samoa are worse. Also there was a team that lost 42.0 to Vanuatu. Was a u23 game but still. 42.0 against a team who's ranked about 190 in the world O.o

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They're the worst in Europe by a long way. But their worst ever defeat is 13.0 against Germany. Don't think they would loose 14.0 to Iran. Now Cambodia may have attacked Iran where as San Marino put 11 men behind the ball but still don't think they would loose 14.0 to Iran. Also like you said I think teams like cook islands, American Samoa are worse. Also there was a team that lost 42.0 to Vanuatu. Was a u23 game but still. 42.0 against a team who's ranked about 190 in the world O.o

Micronesia. I think in 3 games they lost 30-0, 38-0 and 45-0 xD

20 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Micronesia. I think in 3 games they lost 30-0, 38-0 and 45-0 xD

Yeah. Think it was 42 mate. Seen some of the games on you tube. It was like watching a pub team. As bad as San Marino are they are still better than a pub team but Micronesia are actually at that level. Gonna be hard for a small poor country though I guess.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well you know a bit about Asian football and European football 

It's just really hard to make any sensible comparisons. When you compare San Marino with Cambodia you're essentially comparing a bunch of amateurs from a wealthy microstate with a bunch of low-standard poorly paid semi-pros from a developing country with non-existent football infrastructure. Both would lose against Iran on any given day; it's just a question of the scoreline. I think San Marino would do better against Iran than Cambodia based on physique alone; the Cambodians with the average size of what, 168cm and 55 kg maybe, never stood a chance against the Iranians who took advantage of their physical dominance - not to mention the extreme gap in skill of course. 

Now San Marino v Cambodia would be a more interesting one xD 

12 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

North Korea to play South Korea tomorrow in Pyon Yong after like some 30 years 

Will it even be broadcast?

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I don’t think Japan would lose to Mexico by the way. Iran would do well also. CONCACAF is shite.

Can't actually say with this current Japanese crop. They've got some stellar forward movement and I always want them to do well but Mexico have more to offer across the board. I rate Inui as one of Asia's best winger/midfielder even higher than I did when Shinji Kagawa started out because he makes things look so simple when he gets them to work right but ... hes past 30 and not the pace-maker he always was. 

Iran on the other hand I'd say could give Mexico a run for their money. They play like they've got nothing to lose and have a habit of turning good teams on their heads very quickly with their counter-attack.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Can't actually say with this current Japanese crop. They've got some stellar forward movement and I always want them to do well but Mexico have more to offer across the board. I rate Inui as one of Asia's best winger/midfielder even higher than I did when Shinji Kagawa started out because he makes things look so simple when he gets them to work right but ... hes past 30 and not the pace-maker he always was. 

Iran on the other hand I'd say could give Mexico a run for their money. They play like they've got nothing to lose and have a habit of turning good teams on their heads very quickly with their counter-attack.

Would be some good match ups I think! And would make for some cracking discussion on here 😂

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Would be some good match ups I think! And would make for some cracking discussion on here 😂

Haha no lies about the discussion part.

I honestly think people think Asia is some walkover and sometimes I think if more Asian countries did well at the WC then the entire AFC would get some recognition because I doubt anyone gave Japan any credit even when they almost put Belgium in their place and the only saving grace in that match was a 94th minute goal to progress from the Round of 18. Japan would have done better than Belgium at the WC but that's just my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Haha no lies about the discussion part.

I honestly think people think Asia is some walkover and sometimes I think if more Asian countries did well at the WC then the entire AFC would get some recognition because I doubt anyone gave Japan any credit even when they almost put Belgium in their place and the only saving grace in that match was a 94th minute goal to progress from the Round of 18. Japan would have done better than Belgium at the WC but that's just my opinion.

Mostly agreed. 

Raul Jimenez wolves 

Hirving Lozano napoli

Tecatito Porto 

Edson alvarez ajax 

Hector Herrera Atletico 

Guardado (captain) Betis 

Up front.... I take that team over any asian team 😂

Uriel Antuna (man city on loan) 10 games and six goals already I'll

JJ macias (20 yeard old striker 30 games 16 games)

Manchester United are reportedly interested in Mexico ace Francisco Cordova (club america)

The highly-rated Mexican midfielder is also wanted by Sevilla and Benfica 

And Diego Lainez (betis) on the final list for the golden boy award 

:what: if we could make that  

Sergino dest and pulisic look average and beat their team with EASE (mixture of a team and b team) I dont think it would be any different against Iran or Japan and that's not including the MVP Vela 

46 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Raul Jimenez wolves 

Hirving Lozano napoli

Tecatito Porto 

Edson alvarez ajax 

Hector Herrera Atletico 

Guardado (captain) Betis 

Up front.... I take that team over any asian team 😂

Uriel Antuna (man city on loan) 10 games and six goals already I'll

JJ macias (20 yeard old striker 30 games 16 games)

Manchester United are reportedly interested in Mexico ace Francisco Cordova (club america)

The highly-rated Mexican midfielder is also wanted by Sevilla and Benfica 

And Diego Lainez (betis) on the final list for the golden boy award 

:what: if we could make that  

Sergino dest and pulisic look average and beat their team with EASE (mixture of a team and b team) I dont think it would be any different against Iran or Japan and that's not including the MVP Vela 

Relax. This is AFC chat. 

We somehow conceded to Chinese Taipei, that’s too long and BS I’m calling them Taiwan from now. 

Up 4-1 at half time.

Somehow Nepal beat these guys 2-0 but Jordan only beat Taiwan 2-1. Mad.

This is the best thing though...

FA3D1B07-4D6F-45B6-A2E1-4AE425CA50D4.jpeg

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived