football forum

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
49 minutes ago, Eco said:

Iran vs Iraq today in 4 hours.

Could be a good one

Just noticed Iran aren't even one of the best 2nd-placed teams. Could they miss out on qualifying if they lose?! 

Oman and China seem comfortable in best-2nd place with better goal difference.

UAE, Iran, Jordan all tied on +5 goal difference. Uzbekistan at +6. 

Australia-Jordan starts later in the day and i think it will decide who goes through. Seeing mostly draws

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Just noticed Iran aren't even one of the best 2nd-placed teams. Could they miss out on qualifying if they lose?! 

Yeah they could.

If they lose they need:

• Saudi Arabia to beat Uzbekistan by 2 goals more than Iraq beats Iran
  • Australia to beat Jordan
  • Vietnam to beat UAE by 1 more goal than Iraq beats Iran.

If we draw we need:

• Saudis to beat the Uzbeks
  • South Korea to beat Lebanon
  • Australia to draw or beat Jordan
  • Vietnam to beat the UAE

If we win we win the group though. Wilmots really fucked things up with Iran's qualification and it's good they were rid of him before he made getting out of the second round impossible. Because with the players we have, it's actually embarrassing that qualification could be in doubt.

Good half from Iran. Took me a few minutes to realize which team was which, but both teams had 'okay' chances overall.

Too many stoppages to talk to the ref, which is breaking up the game and probably hurting Iraq more than anyone, especially now that they find themselves in a position where they must score at least one to tie this game up.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Good half from Iran. Took me a few minutes to realize which team was which, but both teams had 'okay' chances overall.

Too many stoppages to talk to the ref, which is breaking up the game and probably hurting Iraq more than anyone, especially now that they find themselves in a position where they must score at least one to tie this game up.

They also had that water break which I think came at just the right time for Iran because after the break the players seemed a bit sharper - so there'll be another one in the second half that's probably going to be useful for Iran too.

I think Jahanbakhsh should come off for Ghoddos at some point in the second half.

Important save there. Also wtf where has the sound gone?

*edit* never mind I pushed refreshed and sound came back. I went the whole halftime with no sound... which was probably for the best because I got some work done.

Someone from Iran just had a great chance to double the lead, but kicked it straight to the keeper. This could be a wild ending as Iraq has to throw everything at finding the equalizer.

As it stands Kudos to Iran to finish top despite looking to crash out under Wilmots. UAE and them finish as group winners. KSA-Uzbekistan to decide the final team

Second place race

1. Oman - 15

2. Iraq - 11 (+3)

3. Vietnam - 11 (+1)

4. China - 10 (+11)

5. Lebanon - 10 (+3)

-----------------------

6. Tajikistan - 10 (-1)

7. Uzbekistan- 9 (+6)

8. Jordan - 8 (+4)

Nervy in the second half, but job done! Onto the next round without needing to rely on any other country's results.

Skokic's got 7 wins in 7 games, not bad at all. Big improvement from the idiot who came before him.

Archived