talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

• Subscriber

Cambodia 1-1 Hong Kong. A pretty decent game but the final score isn't of much use for neither of the teams. Cambodia looked good going forward at times; the defending isn't great though and they'll definitely struggle against better teams in the group and especially against physically strong players. Still that was an impressive performance and that's good to see how much they improved in recent years. Maybe Honda's influence is more important than I thought it would be.

Philippines 2-5 Syria. Didn't watch the match so can't comment... Only saw Patino's first goal to give Philippines the lead and got excited but then checked the score later and got back to reality haha. It's a pity.

Thailand 0-0 Vietnam. A good match but no goals; a fantastic opportunity for Supachok to score the winner at 90+4 minutes after a defensive error by the Vietnamese but Van Lam did well there and Supachok couldn't take a clear shot in the end. Vietnam will probably be the happier ones with the draw given how the match went and the chances that Thais created but in the end it's once again a result that doesn't help either of the teams. I can see Akira Nishino doing well with Thailand if he's given enough time. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Almost 70 minutes gone and it's still 0-0 in Cambodia v Bahrain. Cambodia defending surprisingly well given Bahrain's physical advantage. Class support at Phnom Penh as well; stadium is packed. Hope Cambodia can get a sneaky late goal in...

• Subscriber

3-0 for Thailand against Indonesia; two goals by Supachok and a converted penalty by Theerathon. Good performance and they could have scored even more. Top in the group for now but UAE have a game in hand. 

• Subscriber

Drawing with Qatar yesterday is a marked improvement on us. I genuinely can't understand how they won the AFC Cup but I'll live with it if it means we dont lose to them.

Having said all that we're still low on the points with our loss to Oman. If Oman can make improvements and Bangladesh do us a favor by drawing with Qatar we could actually see marked improvement in our position on the table. Think we'll end up third but that's just my gut feeling at this stage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Almost all of these scorelines look like absolute beatings. 

5-0, 6-0, 8-0, 7-0, 5-0, 9-0.....

10-0 already in Iran v Cambodia xD I expected a thrashing but surely not of such magnitude...

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived