The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2018/19 [ 30. Spieltag ] 20-22nd April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

To be fair...them and Schalke seem disinterested. 

Schalke I can understand because of the 6-point gap ahead of Stuttgart.

But Stuttgart I'm surprised/annoyed about if they have lost interest and waiting to play the 2.BL team and resting on that laurel. There's no guarantee with that game especially if that 2nd division side, whoever it may be, has the momentum going in to that play-off fixture.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Now seriously, a deserved win for Bayern as they dominated the match completely in the second half and after Milos' sending off we never had a chance; I was surprised by how poor Bayern's finishing was today though... Could have easily ended 4- or 5-0 in their favour. We shut them down pretty well in the first half; especially Lewandowski who only got his first shot on goal in the second half, but we offered absolutely nothing going forward and I hope it won't be the same on Wednesday in the cup match as there's no way we'll win it if we try to defend against Bayern for over 90 minutes... Gnabry was Bayern's best player today; Pavlenka MOTM for us. Kohfeldt should have probably taken Veljkovic off in the halftime as it's well known already that he's a liability when he's booked and it's not the first time it happened to him either. Meh.

Pavlenka was perfect today in his positioning, and your defense was clearly frustrating Bayern, but good for them for not rushing it. Hopefully the cup game will turn out differently. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Schalke I can understand because of the 6-point gap ahead of Stuttgart.

But Stuttgart I'm surprised/annoyed about if they have lost interest and waiting to play the 2.BL team and resting on that laurel. There's no guarantee with that game especially if that 2nd division side, whoever it may be, has the momentum going in to that play-off fixture.

Both frustrate me this year. Both set of fans deserve better. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Pavlenka was perfect today in his positioning, and your defense was clearly frustrating Bayern, but good for them for not rushing it. Hopefully the cup game will turn out differently. 

Not only today; he's been a revelation ever since we signed him. Definitely one of the best keepers in the league. I hope we'll manage to keep him in the club for a few more years...

Stuttgart supporters are not the only ones suffering. This afternoon I watched Werder and Bayern rather than Stutty, but now after the first half against Hoffenheim it is becoming increasingly obvious that Huub Stevens cannot have a chance to rectify the utter desolation that Tedesco caused  and the rubbish he has left behind him.  I thought the Magrat period was bad but this is a disaster - there is hardly a player on the field who would get into a BL3 side on this sort of performance. Problem is when Tedesco assembled them they were inferior to what he sold or let go for nothing and he had no idea of how to galvanise a team - just 11 individuals going through inept motions and kack of ability.  Still Stevens persist with Burgstaller and this first half is almost without enough adjectives to start and describe how with lack of speed (no no speed at all) lack of ball-playing ability and playing 95%of the time unable to determine on or offside.  Sane and Nastasic looking like total strangers and a young kid making his debut wondering what the heck is this crap I am involved in?  he sooner Caliguiri is suspended and off the field with his lack of anything the better.  Whilst I am writing this there are 5 new replies so I will look with interest and the sympathy (or happiness) that has been posted form the 04 pro and anti squad - trouble is - I will not be able to argue with any of them!

Just now, nudge said:

Nevermind... 3-1 as Szalai scores - first Hungarian to score 50 goals in the Bundesliga. Atrocious defending there by Schalke.

That's a nice stat! 

Love my Hungarians!

Nice to see the look on Szalai's face - everyone seems to have forgotten he was with us until the idiot in charge told him he was useless and sent him away - the story of the 04 management over the recent years. One has to feel sorry for the young players - in the past they have been blooded into the BL as part of a good set up and why did we buy Harit to let him play 10 minutes having had to watch 80 of that sort of pathos.  Similar a defence that puts a young keeper into such a critical problem at the start of his professional journey and two other young guys who must wonder why they are there!  Close season has to be an almost total clear out - money from last years and this years profit plus the million from PSG has to be made available for whoever is willing to take on the problem. Start from the Allardyce precept that if you can defend and stop the opposition from scoring then you might pinch one or two up front - meaning we nee d a totally new defence and a striker who can actually kick a ball!  I dread what Marco and Jadon will do to us next time :tumbleweed:

PS:  May I use Inga's last post to frame it for posterity?

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As matchgoing supporter of a fourth tier club my compassion is limited, since I can't see any reason why their set of fans woulld deserve better than ours.

Not trying to take anything at all away from Saarbrucken, their fans, or you. But there is a different level at Schalke, and the money is there to compete, but they are just suffering from front office issues and a rotten mentality at the moment. 

But, same as with @SchalkeUK, I like you and so I keep track of Saarbrucken's results in hopes that they do end up getting a promotion and moving up. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Not trying to take anything at all away from Saarbrucken, their fans, or you. But there is a different level at Schalke, and the money is there to compete, but they are just suffering from front office issues and a rotten mentality at the moment. 

But, same as with @SchalkeUK, I like you and so I keep track of Saarbrucken's results in hopes that they do end up getting a promotion and moving up. 

Other levels depends on your view on it. They're at the moment much more than us or RWE, Waldhof, Offenbach and so on fans, of corse. But whether they were true to their clubs under the condition the respective league position were reversed is something they havn't proven yet. To give you an idea what I'm talking about (I rate our resident Düsseldorf my example isn't meant to be a dig). Düsseldorf fans are known to be quite passionate and loud, still we all knew one who not didn't go to them and even went watching another club, when they still played 2.Buli, we have no evidence the waste majority of Schalke or Stuttgart fans has another mindset. How this kind of what we Germans call "fair wheather fans" really deserve better than any regularly matchgoing fans of any low tier club only because they are outnumbering the other group is debattable in my opinion.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived