• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2018/19 [ 30. Spieltag ] 20-22nd April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Ah okay. Well at least they're being done with permanently. Just gotta wait another season!

Perhaps this is not too bad when you consider that Eintracht played after everyone else midweek and had a hard game - but a successful one in the Euro.  It could have been away and the extra day to recover seems fair - particularly as this game will have an effect on the BL league position of the team.  Perhaps those having to play in Europe on Thursdays next season should have the option to ask for a Monday game as all the others will have an advantage if Mondays are ruled out!  Mind you, the way my lot are playing at present they could take a month off and it would hardly make any difference!:rofl:

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't mind Monday games too much. Not my favorite for sure, but they definitely aren't as woeful as some make them out to seem. 

Yes they are for match-attending and especially away travelling fans. Most people can't simply take a day or two off work...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yes they are for match-attending and especially away travelling fans. Most people can't simply take a day or two off work...

Yes - but that's all mid-week games, IMO. I don't think having a match on Monday is any worse/better than a Wednesday. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yes - but that's all mid-week games, IMO. I don't think having a match on Monday is any worse/better than a Wednesday. 

Mid-week rounds/games are usually in the schedule right from the start of the season.

Monday games are purely for TV and often moved at short notice (not sure how much notice Bundesliga sides get) but our game against Arsenal (moved to Monday and then moved again a couple of days ago to next Sunday) is quite frankly Sky giving a massive fuck you to any match-going fan really). And again, our game away at Man City has been moved to Monday night in a couple weeks time due to Tottenham/Ajax CL game. Very short notice especially for those that have planned travel/accommodation well in advance when games are usually moved 6-8 weeks which is more reasonable. 

Just now, Stan said:

Mid-week rounds/games are usually in the schedule right from the start of the season.

Monday games are purely for TV and often moved at short notice (not sure how much notice Bundesliga sides get) but our game against Arsenal (moved to Monday and then moved again a couple of days ago to next Sunday) is quite frankly Sky giving a massive fuck you to any match-going fan really). And again, our game away at Man City has been moved to Monday night in a couple weeks time due to Tottenham/Ajax CL game. Very short notice especially for those that have planned travel/accommodation well in advance when games are usually moved 6-8 weeks which is more reasonable. 

Short notice with such moves are shit. It's probably different for me, as an away game for Atlanta United means a couple hour flight at best, so any mid-week game is impossible to get to if it's away. 

Other countries like Germany and England, are much smaller and you'll able to get from point A to point B much quicker and cheaper. 

I don't like mid-week fixtures, and to me, it's the same for Monday fixtures as I prefer all fixtures done between Friday and Sunday. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah but mid-week games in the league are an exception and happen a few times a season only. No need to add additional Monday fixtures to it just because TV deals. 

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah but mid-week games in the league are an exception and happen a few times a season only. No need to add additional Monday fixtures to it just because TV deals. 

That's fair in the sense that there are more Monday games than Wednesday games, and I was a ST holder, I'm sure I'd hate it much more, but like I said to Stan, it's different here with the MLS as I can't get to any away game without a 5+ car ride or plane flight. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Eco said:

That's fair in the sense that there are more Monday games than Wednesday games, and I was a ST holder, I'm sure I'd hate it much more, but like I said to Stan, it's different here with the MLS as I can't get to any away game without a 5+ car ride or plane flight. 

Yeah but even with Germany being smaller than the US the distances can still be unmanageable if you're a student or work regular hours or have other commitments. I mean depending on where your team plays, it can still be 600-700 km to travel one way... Monday matches kick off at 20:30; so many can't even make it to the stadium on time nevermind the trip back the same night in order to make it to work or school early next morning. 

I used to attend most of Werder home matches while I was living in Holland and even that was tricky enough sometimes; especially on Sundays as I always dreaded missing the last bus back at night. So even if it doesn't apply to me anymore I can definitely sympathise with those who regularly travel to away matches and are being disadvantaged by the addition of completely unnecessary Monday matches. Essentially I see it as screwing match attending fans and prioritising TV deals over actual supporters in the stadium.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Short notice with such moves are shit. It's probably different for me, as an away game for Atlanta United means a couple hour flight at best, so any mid-week game is impossible to get to if it's away. 

Other countries like Germany and England, are much smaller and you'll able to get from point A to point B much quicker and cheaper. 

I don't like mid-week fixtures, and to me, it's the same for Monday fixtures as I prefer all fixtures done between Friday and Sunday. 

Not sure if Hamburg fans would agree if they come up and have to travel to Munich and Nuremburg - not quite like Liverpool and Manchester or even West Brom and Chelsea.  accept that 04 v BVB next week will be a short ride - even a walk for some just as Man U and City - there are always exceptions, but if they are sorted our fairly even if Sky or DAZN next year mess it up, the clubs will still happily take the money!

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Game currently delayed as Wolfsburg fans throw easter eggs on the field. Both teams are picking them up. xD

Bouncy balls I think xD what are they protesting at?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Game currently delayed as Wolfsburg fans throw easter eggs on the field. Both teams are picking them up. xD

Are they hungry?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived