• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

McLaren Racing Chat

football forum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lando Norris is now apparently managed by Mercedes/Wolff; apparently it was part of the Mercedes engine deal :o 

Lando has turned to the dark side :( 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Lando Norris is now apparently managed by Mercedes/Wolff; apparently it was part of the Mercedes engine deal :o 

Huh? So is like similar to the Torro Rosso drivers being managed by Red Bull? 

I don't see why Mercedes would love Bottas, but if they did, Lando would be a massive get, IMO. Bottas is just too good at being a 'team player' to not have a seat beside Lewis. All the drama you have between Sebs and Charles is something I don't think you'd see at Mercedes as Bottas just isn't that type of teammate. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Eco said:

Huh? So is like similar to the Torro Rosso drivers being managed by Red Bull? 

I don't see why Mercedes would love Bottas, but if they did, Lando would be a massive get, IMO. Bottas is just too good at being a 'team player' to not have a seat beside Lewis. All the drama you have between Sebs and Charles is something I don't think you'd see at Mercedes as Bottas just isn't that type of teammate. 

More like Ocon's career is being managed by Mercedes and Toto Wolff. Or like Briatore was the agent for almost half of the grid at one point in the past. 

It's not about Norris getting a seat at Mercedes anyway; well at least not in the near future. But it's quite interesting if those reports are true.

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

More like Ocon's career is being managed by Mercedes and Toto Wolff. Or like Briatore was the agent for almost half of the grid at one point in the past. 

It's not about Norris getting a seat at Mercedes anyway; well at least not in the near future. But it's quite interesting if those reports are true.

I still don't quite understand. Ocon is about have a seat with Renault, yet he is managed by Mercedes? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I still don't quite understand. Ocon is about have a seat with Renault, yet he is managed by Mercedes? 

Yes - his management team happens to be a racing team haha. 

It's just one more talented option for Mercedes. I guess he could test drive for them in the future too? Still weird if they choose him over Russell. I really want to see Georgy Boy competing in a decent car. The Williams doesn't do him justice, even though he's doing well against Kubica. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Good, I prefer Pepsi :ph34r:

ak Brown has been bringing in quite a few new sponsors lately, probably just the case of someone else offering more than Coca-Cola? 

Really? I like Pepsi Max. :35_thinking:

Yea, could be. Coca Cola was the biggest name. Doesn't mean that they were the biggest payers though. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Really? I like Pepsi Max. :35_thinking:

Yea, could be. Coca Cola was the biggest name. Doesn't mean that they were the biggest payers though. 

I don't even know what Pepsi Max is xD But yeah, I always prefered Pepsi over Coca Cola. I very very rarely drink any soda though so I don't even know if I'd notice the difference anymore xD 

Who is McLaren's title sponsor this season? BAT?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

.I very very rarely drink any soda though 

Who is McLaren's title sponsor this season? BAT?

I know someone who is just the opposite :ph34r:

No idea to be honest. Who was it last season? Dell, no? 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52808927

McLaren to cut 25% of staff

Iconic UK supercar maker and Formula 1 team McLaren plans to cut more than a quarter of its workforce after the coronavirus crisis hit demand.

The firm employs around 4,000 people but 1,200 of those are to be made redundant, the vast majority in the UK.

Motorsport events have been cancelled around the world by the pandemic, which has shut car plants and closed showrooms.

McLaren said it had been "severely affected" by the crisis.

The company said it had worked hard to cut costs and avoid layoffs.

"But we now have no other choice but to reduce the size of our workforce," McLaren boss Paul Walsh said in a statement.

"This is undoubtedly a challenging time for our company, and particularly our people, but we plan to emerge as an efficient, sustainable business with a clear course for returning to growth."

Archived