talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Supporters

Hi I'm new here and I am a club member at Schalke. I'm from England but started losing interest in English football about 15 years ago due to the high ticket prices and lack of atmosphere and started watching Bundesliga on TV and found myself routing for Schalke. Can't really explain the reason other than I'm from Newcastle and it is twinned with the city of Gelesenkirchen and also there are some similarities with the football clubs. Both have huge fan bases but don't win many trophies! Basically I enjoy being miserable!

Anyway looking forward to the discussion on here 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Hi I'm new here and I am a club member at Schalke. I'm from England but started losing interest in English football about 15 years ago due to the high ticket prices and lack of atmosphere and started watching Bundesliga on TV and found myself routing for Schalke. Can't really explain the reason other than I'm from Newcastle and it is twinned with the city of Gelesenkirchen and also there are some similarities with the football clubs. Both have huge fan bases but don't win many trophies! Basically I enjoy being miserable!

Welcome aboard! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Welcome aboard.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

Hey all, went looking for a Bundesliga group that actually has activity and found this one.  I'm in the USA, Cincinnati to be specific.  My roots with German football go back to ~1999-2000 and I remember taking a liking to Dortmund and Bremen at that time, but Leeds United have been my passion for the past 20 years.  Fast forward to 2020 and when Bundesliga was the first league to come back after COVID it was my lifeline for the rest of the summer.  Since then I've been doing as much reading on German football and culture as I can get so any recommendations for fanzines, etc. would be appreciated.

Leeds were finally promoted back to the Premier League but my renaissance with the Bundesliga has taken hold permanent and I make it a weekly routine to watch every game I can on ESPN+.  I still have an affection for BVB but I've found that I enjoy watching a few of the more troubled clubs who don't win every week and actually have to grind it out just to stay in the league.... read: Koln, Freiburg, etc.  I also have a soft spot for the city of Hamburg so I look for HSV's and St. Pauli's results as well.

As a side note, Cincinnati is twinned with Munich but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

• Upvote 1

On 16/10/2020 at 00:27, Jimmy said:

Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Hey all, went looking for a Bundesliga group that actually has activity and found this one.  I'm in the USA, Cincinnati to be specific.  My roots with German football go back to ~1999-2000 and I remember taking a liking to Dortmund and Bremen at that time, but Leeds United have been my passion for the past 20 years.  Fast forward to 2020 and when Bundesliga was the first league to come back after COVID it was my lifeline for the rest of the summer.  Since then I've been doing as much reading on German football and culture as I can get so any recommendations for fanzines, etc. would be appreciated.

Leeds were finally promoted back to the Premier League but my renaissance with the Bundesliga has taken hold permanent and I make it a weekly routine to watch every game I can on ESPN+.  I still have an affection for BVB but I've found that I enjoy watching a few of the more troubled clubs who don't win every week and actually have to grind it out just to stay in the league.... read: Koln, Freiburg, etc.  I also have a soft spot for the city of Hamburg so I look for HSV's and St. Pauli's results as well.

As a side note, Cincinnati is twinned with Munich but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Another Yank with many soft spots for different German clubs, I see. Welcome aboard and am looking forward to your contribution.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

19 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Another Yank with many soft spots for different German clubs, I see. Welcome aboard and am looking forward to your contribution.

I think I have a soft spot for Germany in general tbf.  My dad's family has roots in Osnabruck and Hannover and I tend to follow the German national team moreso than the US team.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I like the bundesliga but I wish it would change its logo. 
i player kicking a ball, who designed it a grade school student?

other leagues have much better designs/logos think it’s time to update 

id prefer using the dfb logo. 

You know the DFL created it's logo to distinguish themselves from the leagues under DFB administration? Baring this in mind using the DFB logo as league logo makes absolutely no sense.

6 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You know the DFL created it's logo to distinguish themselves from the leagues under DFB administration? Baring this in mind using the DFB logo as league logo makes absolutely no sense.

Well it’s been a while, maybe they could change their mind. 

Thanks for the history lesson professor but all I’m saying is I prefer the design of dfb over the bundesliga logo. 

Have a great day

• 4 months later...
On 06/02/2021 at 10:41, nudge said:

Can't say I care much about the logo of any league, to be honest. 

I don't mind the new MLS logo, as they allow it to change colors based on colors of the team. So Atlanta United's is red and black, LA Galaxy is Gold and Blue, etc.

image.thumb.png.831765f19ba657f086bbd1a7beaebcac.png

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Eco said:

I don't mind the new MLS logo, as they allow it to change colors based on colors of the team. So Atlanta United's is red and black, LA Galaxy is Gold and Blue, etc.

image.thumb.png.831765f19ba657f086bbd1a7beaebcac.png

What I meant was that I don't particularly care about what kind of logo a league uses, as that's completely non-important to me :) 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...