talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Supporters

Just now, Eco said:

What out - you'll sound like me. xD

Haha oh yeah, I've just read what you wrote. Just exchange Braunschweig for Schalke and we will sound exactly alike. Well you know what they say, great minds think alike. lol

Just now, Michael said:

Haha oh yeah, I've just read what you wrote. Just exchange Braunschweig for Schalke and we will sound exactly alike. Well you know what they say, great minds think alike. lol

haha I have a 'team' in every league except the EPL. It's a lengthly discussion about why it came to all of them, but while I enjoy German football, there are a few teams that I like. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

haha I have a 'team' in every league except the EPL. It's a lengthly discussion about why it came to all of them, but while I enjoy German football, there are a few teams that I like. 

I see, so are Lyon your main team then? What do you think their chances of success are after the sales of Ndombele, Ferland Mendy, Fekir and Ferri? Have you been happy with their replacements?

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

I see, so are Lyon your main team then? What do you think their chances of success are after the sales of Ndombele, Ferland Mendy, Fekir and Ferri? Have you been happy with their replacements?

Funny enough, no. 

I'm from Atlanta, and I have Season Tickets to Atlanta United, so they are my 'first team'. 

Lyon are my main European team, though, which changes after being an Inter Milan supporter for maybe 10 years including numerous trips to the San Siro. However, the issues in Italy with cheating and racism have driven me to stop really paying attention to Inter Milan, although I do still watch a lot of Serie A. 

And to answer your question, I feel alright. Obviously the lack of creativity in the MF will be the achilles heel, but the team has improved defensively, and while I love Fekir, he's knee was all but gone so the fact we got any money is okay with me. Ndombelle was a matter of time, as was Mendy. We kept hold on Aouar, Traore, Dembele, Lopes, and Memphis, plus added Anderson, Mendes, Kone, and Lucas, so I think another great job was done in the trasnfer market. 

The largest worry is the coach, as Sylvinho has never managed a team, so this is quite a tall order, but what might be working in his favor is that a lot of other teams got much worse this summer. It's 2nd place or a bust of a year. 

Ok, I see, Atlanta, Georgia. You do seem to be a fan of many clubs, lol. Well both Lyon and Inter Milan are both good teams that are always usually among the top 4 or 5 positions in their respective leagues. Inter Milan have a big issue with Icardi and it is interesting what they will do with him now that they have signed Lukaku.

Lyon have sold some their key players fora lot of money. They seem to have brought in replacements for Ndombele and Mendy. But I don't think that they have properly replced Fekir yet. It will be interesting to see how well they do in the Champions League this season.

Just now, Michael said:

Ok, I see, Atlanta, Georgia. You do seem to be a fan of many clubs, lol. Well both Lyon and Inter Milan are both good teams that are always usually among the top 4 or 5 positions in their respective leagues. Inter Milan have a big issue with Icardi and it is interesting what they will do with him now that they have signed Lukaku.

Icardi is a piece of shit, and the quicker he leaves, the better the team will be. 

Lyon have sold some their key players fora lot of money. They seem to have brought in replacements for Ndombele and Mendy. But I don't think that they have properly replced Fekir yet. It will be interesting to see how well they do in the Champions League this season.

Lyon always buy low, and sell high, but their organization is one of the best in the world, and I love what they do in women's football, and how much they put into their academy. It's just a fantastic group of people who care about that team and the city, and I first started watching them not too long ago with the genius Juniho, and used Lyon on Fifa. 

Yes, Icardi's attitude is terrible, he behaves like a spoilt brat. I think he will cause some kind of trouble at most clubs he joins despite his obvious footballing talent. I agree about Lyon, they usually buy real prospects at a young age, they develop them and then thet sell them off for a big profit. Quite a few clubs in Germany follow a similar system to that as well. But Lyon always seem to maintain their competitiveness as we saw last season, when they even beat Manchester City. Juninho is arguably the best scoring free kick taker in history. He seemed to score every time there was a free kick within shooting distance of the goal. He was a good all round footballer as well, who was very skilled.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, Icardi's attitude is terrible, he behaves like a spoilt brat. I think he will cause some kind of trouble at most clubs he joins despite his obvious footballing talent. I agree about Lyon, they usually buy real prospects at a young age, they develop them and then thet sell them off for a big profit. Quite a few clubs in Germany follow a similar system to that as well. But Lyon always seem to maintain their competitiveness as we saw last season, when they even beat Manchester City. Juninho is arguably the best scoring free kick taker in history. He seemed to score every time there was a free kick within shooting distance of the goal. He was a good all round footballer as well, who was very skilled.

And he is now our Director of Football.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Welcome aboard! How do you feel about Leverkusen's chances this season? 

I’m very optimistic about this season to be honest. We have lost Brandt but we have bought well I think. Our attacking talent is impressive. Really looking forward to see Havertz develop more but I fear he will be gone this time next year. 

I’m expecting us to battle Leipzig for 3rd.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So can we put @Stan down as Fortuna Düsseldorf? Always following our matches and predicting mostly favourable for us :x

Mainly misguided predictions :ph34r:

To be honest, I do look out for Dusseldorf results because of your support. Likewise Werder Bremen for @nudge & @Devil-Dick Willie, or Schalke for @SchalkeUK etc etc.

Dortmund would still be my preferred team. But I have taken a liking to Frankfurt - didn't really watch them play much before last season but their Europa League campaign opened my eyes up to how well they can play and how well they're supported. To be fair, support for German football, in stadiums, is ridiculously good. Even in 2. Bundesliga it's sell outs for grounds up to 60,000?! Can't knock that at all.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Interesting comments from Stan - I wonder if my colleagues(should |I perhaps, say friends) here , like me, since his arrival a long time ago on TFF have followed the Foxes - up or down - and lately, happily more up.

I have a feeling it is more to do with respect for the supporter than love of his team! But the team doing well always makes it easier for the onlooker.

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So who are the ‘fallen giants’ of the Bundesliga? I need a once great team who now flatter to deceive.

:bye:

Not exactly giants...but I can guarantee one disappointment after another though xD