talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eintracht Frankfurt Thread

ogimage.png

Great news today from Frankfurt!

Eintracht Frankfurt sign Luka Jovic permanently

Eintracht Frankfurt have completed the signing of striker Luka Jovic on a permanent deal from Benfica following a successful loan spell.

The striker has 17 goals in 21 Bundesliga starts this season, more than anyone else in the division apart from Robert Lewandowski, while he has also netted seven goals in the Europa League this campaign.

Frankfurt’s permanent signing of the striker was a formality but he is expected to leave the club this summer with interest from several European giants, landing the German club a sizable profit.

Real Madrid are said to hold a strong interest in the Bosnian-born striker and are willing to pay €70m for his signature, say reports, while Barcelona are said to be no longer in the running.

“Luka's development with us has been great to see,” Eintracht board member Fredi Bobic told official club media.

“For us there was never any doubt about wanting to bring him here permanently. He's a player with extraordinary abilities. It's important for us to sign him."

Last month, El Mundo Deportivo claimed Barcelona transfer gurus Eric Abidal and Ramon Planes scouted the Serbian international in their clash with Portugal.

This followed on from a report in The Guardian which claimed the Catalan club are prepared to pay €50m for the Frankfurt striker while Abidal, Planes and Pep Segura also watched him for his club in the Europa League win over Inter.

However, the player’s father has subsequently stated that the in-demand player was ‘not interested’ in a switch to the Camp Nou.

“Luka had many offers - one of them was Barca but he's not interested now,” Milan Jovic told Bild.

“He's not sure he had any minutes at Barca. The truth is that Luka wants to stay in the Bundesliga and qualify with the Eintracht for the Champions League.”

In February, Marca cited a report in Frankfurter Allgemeine that the Blaugrana and the player have ‘laid the foundations for a deal’ although stressed there was no agreement yet with the German club.

Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in a deal.

While yes - it's likely just a few more games with Jovic in Frankfurt, this will mean more $$ for the fee as Frankfurt owns his rights. I'd love for him to stay in Frankfurt and grow, but for 70m euros, I imagine he'll end up at Real Madrid. 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Erik Durm has officially signed for Eintracht Frankfurt from Championship team Huddersfield Town on a four-year contract. The deal is thought to be around €2M.

D-jyTIMX4AAzosd.jpg

The club also confirmed the signings of Dominik Kohr (Bayer Leverkusen) and Jip Molenaar (FC Volendam) today.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Frankfurt are through to the 3rd qualifying round after beating Flora Tallinn 4-2 on aggregate. Incredible atmosphere in the stadium again. Also applauded by the opponents after the match, Frankfurt fans applauded them back and chanted their city name in return and the Estonian players then showed their appreciation for Frankfurt fan by throwing a few shirts to them :o Flora's manager said they went to applaud Frankfurt fans after the match because it was the best atmosphere they've ever seen. Class.

• Upvote 1

Best fans in the world. I watched today's match and it still amazes me how loud they are. It's a damn qualifying round of the Europa League and they would make you think it's the final.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I used to love this guy on the pitch back in the late 90s when he was at Bolton. I don't remember this goal as I was far too young but you can tell he would just be a good guy to be around in a team 

Also, Oliver Kahn looked knackered after that xD

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

DFB banned Abraham until December the 29th for his attack on Streich, Frankfurt objected the judgement.  Attacking the opponent's manager is inexcusable, a 6-matches-ban is reasonable, in my opinion.

Frankfurt are appealing against the decision :| Totally justified. A bit mild if anything. 

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"AUSWÄRTSSIEG" :D

And it was a youth match between Salzburg and Klagenfurt, and Frankfurt's fans supported Klagenfurt. Imagine how incredible it must have felt for these boys. 

Nice touch by the Frankfurt fans who went to the ice hockey match. The atmosphere must have been electric and it must have been a great experience for the ice hockey players.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bundesliga | Luka Jovic returns to Eintracht Frankfurt from Real Madrid on loan

Willkommen zurück, Luka! I Jovic: "Ich bin stolz, wieder bei der Eintracht zu sein!" - YouTube

Eintracht Frankfurt have re-signed former striker Luka Jovic on loan from Real Madrid for the rest of the season. I think that this is a superb deal for Frankfurt, especially if Jovic can recapture the world class form that he displayed at Frankfurt 2 years ago.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

:congrats: pure class.

Ahead of the Champions League match between Eintracht Frankfurt and Tottenham Hotspur, Die Adler put together a makeshift memorial for Spurs fitness coach Gian Piero Ventrone, whose unexpected death shook the squad:

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 3