talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Tottenham - Saturday 20th April, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png     VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Head to Head
Man City 4-3 Tottenham (CL)
Tottenham 1-0 Man City (CL)
Tottenham 0-1 Man City
Tottenham 1-3 Man City
Man City 4-1 Tottenham

Recent Form
Man City - WWLWW
Tottenham - LWWWL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Please oh please Spurs, please take points off them. Show some big dick energy after knocking these slavers out of the CL and get a point (or 3) away from home against them.

I think Man City will be psyched up to beat them even more now, if anything, given the result in midweek. Probably out of revenge more than anything else. Plus with huge depth in their squad I can see them rotating a few players (especially with the Utd game midweek too) whereas Spurs' rotation options aren't as strong. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think Man City will be psyched up to beat them even more now, if anything, given the result in midweek. Probably out of revenge more than anything else. Plus with huge depth in their squad I can see them rotating a few players (especially with the Utd game midweek too) whereas Spurs' rotation options aren't as strong. 

Oh I fully expect City to thrash Spurs here for revenge.

However I'm also hopeful that that adrenaline rush of thinking they've gone on to face Ajax in the semis only to have that ripped away from them has led to sleepless nights and inconsolable sadness, that will hopefully lead to them imploding.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh I fully expect City to thrash Spurs here for revenge.

However I'm also hopeful that that adrenaline rush of thinking they've gone on to face Ajax in the semis only to have that ripped away from them has led to sleepless nights and inconsolable sadness, that will hopefully lead to them imploding.

That will have happened. The question is whether they've reached the anger stage of their grief cycle yet

I think that there's a chance the revenge thing messes with Man City a bit, though it is more likely it drives them to just be more lethal. 

City are very much a team that normally rely on not playing with emotion or spontaneity so I'm just curious to see what they look like after such a massive setback.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Awey Spurs, do us a favour. 

Son, you beautiful bastard (who I wish played for us), get yourself another couple against these twats please.

Who'd you replace him with? Son could play for any top 6 club and make an improvement I'd reckon. 

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

This game is much too fast for Dier.

Am I missing something with Dier, like people non-LFC fans were with Henderson for years? Because I just don’t think he’s very good at all, other than scoring a penalty for England

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Tottenham - Saturday 20th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived