Newcastle 2-2 Southampton

Recent Form
Newcastle - WLLDW
Southampton - WLWWL

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

1-0 to Newcastle. Ayoze Perez is in good form. Holds off Yoshida and finds the bottom corner to put Newcastle ahead. 

Southampton could have arguably had Ward-Prowse sent off earlier too. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Didn't watch - But was told that he got seriously hurt today? If true...that sucks. 

Meh, he got battered about a lot. As a player like that you're bound to get targeted though.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Meh, he got battered about a lot. As a player like that you're bound to get targeted though.

Oh...someone texted me that he was carted off, crying, like he has torn a hamstring or something..

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Oh...someone texted me that he was carted off, crying, like he has torn a hamstring or something..

Ah right, I just realised he went off after I finished watching. My bad.

Just now, Rick said:

Yeah he was crying but I think that's more out of frustration. He walked off the pitch himself without aid. It'll be a hamstring strain at most I'd guess. 

Cheers - 

Hate to see that. Glad that Newcastle won, and have ultimately avoided relegation....but he hasn't performed as well as I had hoped

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Cheers - 

Hate to see that. Glad that Newcastle won, and have ultimately avoided relegation....but he hasn't performed as well as I had hoped

To be fair, going from MLS straight in to Premier League is a huge jump because of the gulf in quality. 

He's done alright to be fair. Yeah he doesn't have the goals to back-up any good performances but that's not to say he's not played well. 

I've seen Newcastle fans on Twitter say he's given them a real burst of energy with how dynamic he is and how offensive he can play. Perhaps next season we'll see more of him with the goals to match.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

To be fair, going from MLS straight in to Premier League is a huge jump because of the gulf in quality. 

He's done alright to be fair. Yeah he doesn't have the goals to back-up any good performances but that's not to say he's not played well. 

I've seen Newcastle fans on Twitter say he's given them a real burst of energy with how dynamic he is and how offensive he can play. Perhaps next season we'll see more of him with the goals to match.

True - and it took him about 6 months to adapt to the MLS game. 

No doubt Newcastle have played better since Miggy got there ,which is saying something. 

As Rafa says Almiron has brought the best out in Perez and Rondon. He's brought a massive change in the dynamic of the team. We'd not be this comfortable without him. Perez certainly wouldn't get to the point of scoring a Premier League hattrick. 

Almiron is probably in the wrong league however as the way he beats people and how quick he is leads to these brutes whacking him all the time. An injury is inevitable, if this one isn't serious a serious one will come soon. 

Anyway, great first half, shite 2nd. Good drunk sunny atmosphere.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 3-1 Southampton - Saturday 20th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived