talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 4-0 Man Utd - Sunday 21st April, 2019

football forum

I'm not watching the game but I am so used to seeing Peruvian players with talent but no work rate or a will to play. That translates to the likes of Pogba and Lukaku, whom I've noticed that mentality when I've seen United. They are both very talented, but have a horrible attitude that doesn't warrant being at a club like Manchester United. I always think Carrillo and Christian Cueva, who are the same deal although not quite as good.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I'll judge Ole properly after he brings his own players in.

I'm not saying you said this but a lot of fans said utd had very good players and Olr wasn't doing anything. Not it seems some are saying he doesn't have the players

• Subscriber

Smashing job. Last four home games Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd.

Won 3

Drawn 1

Lost 0

Scored 7

Conceded 0

Can we play the top six every week?

As for United, do people still think it was all Mourinho's fault that he couldn't motivate these players? Mercenaries only interested in their wage packet and latest brands that they're getting involved in. Pogba is the obvious example but Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez, Fred, Young, bunch of prima donnas. The culture in that dressing room is fucked and Pogba is the first cancer that needs to be removed. Build a team around Rashford, Lingard and McTominay and they might actually compete for a title again in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Don't get what you mean?

He is saying it wouldn't have happened in Fergies era??? and he is talking about the defence. United were humbled a number of times under Fergie with a poor defensive showing from the players both individually and collectively... 

Just to name a few... 

Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City - Premier League - October 23, 2011

Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - Premier League - March 14, 2009

Manchester United1-3 Chelsea - Premier League - May 10, 2005

Manchester United 0-3 York City - League Cup - September 20, 1995

Let's not pretend that United were a defensive rock the whole time Fergie was in charge, Fergie even described the City result as his "worst day" at United.. every club gets a pasting from time to time.. 

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

As Michael Owen talks about how shit United have been David Moyes puts in a nice wry smile. Good on you David, good on you.

I heard he said he's hoping he wasn't that bad. I love the British sense of humour so much.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Signs of hope for Everton, Silva starting to make things happen. Especially at home, his away form has always been poor in England though. If he can keep the better players and add some more quality next season should be promising.

Away form has been a real issue for us for a long time. This season we've only won a handful on the road but it's still more than we have in any season since Martinez was manager.

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He is saying it wouldn't have happened in Fergies era??? and he is talking about the defence. United were humbled a number of times under Fergie with a poor defensive showing from the players both individually and collectively... 

Just to name a few... 

Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City - Premier League - October 23, 2011

Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - Premier League - March 14, 2009

Manchester United1-3 Chelsea - Premier League - May 10, 2005

Manchester United 0-3 York City - League Cup - September 20, 1995

Let's not pretend that United were a defensive rock the whole time Fergie was in charge, Fergie even described the City result as his "worst day" at United.. every club gets a pasting from time to time.. 

Ah right. I thought that was what you meant but wasn't sure

• Subscriber

Hats off to you toffee fans, you well and truly thumped us today :ay:  :congrats:

As for Ole, I will wait until the season is over with and the beginning of next season and also see if Ole can bring his own players in and as I said before, get rid of the dead wood then I will judge him, getting pissed off with all these different managers coming and going, as for the City match at O/T I have just said to my son on the phone "Forget about the 2 bottles of wine you will give me if we can beat City for you this Wednesday to help your Liverpool out, just keep the wine, after today's performance United could not beat a 3rd division side atm the way they are playing.  

20 minutes ago, Inverted said:

People relentlessly referring to Alex Ferguson with none of the understanding of what made him a great manager is easily one of the biggest reasons why the footballing culture around Man U is completely fucked. 

They think it was done by effort and not by relentlessly pressuring referees?:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

They think it was done by effort and not by relentlessly pressuring referees?:ph34r:

More the idea that the club can be saved by reverting to some kind of sacred philosophy based on a man who's entire career was based on being a pure unashamed pragmatist. 

29 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

As Michael Owen talks about how shit United have been David Moyes puts in a nice wry smile. Good on you David, good on you.

Was he doing punditry?

24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You got the feeling this would be a big result, the Brick and Wilmslow bouncing before kick off for the first time in forever, the fans absolutely electric before the teams came out. We bossed them. 

Will post my thoughts later, but what a game. Silva's making things happen, along with Brands. United have serious problems too, serious riddled problems.

There was talk of him getting sacked earlier in the season and Everton fans calling for his head. Things might not work out in the future for him but I'm a big believer that managers should get significant time. All that research and work bringing in a manager and money spent, only for them to be sacked after six months, just doesn't make sense in my eyes.

Same with my club, as for as I'm concerned, Sarri should be given two years minimum and then have his position reassessed from there. Fans and the people in charge of clubs are too quick to hit the panic buttons as soon as things go wrong. This is modern football unfortunately but forward thinking can be worthwhile.

• Subscriber

Manchester United are fucked for a long time. They won't win a trophy of significance for at least five years and I'll happily be quoted on that. They have deep-rooted issues and the problem is each summer of 'rebuilding' just leads to them adding to the problem. They've got a sporting director who is better at shirt selling than he is at building teams and that kind of sums up what they're about nowadays.

Everton are starting to come good a bit. Far from the finished article but they're getting there. I kind of hope Silva does well there as I've said before that I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as made out to be and he was very much whatever opposite of flavour of the month is a couple of months back.

• The title was changed to Everton 4-0 Man Utd - Sunday 21st April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived