talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 21st April, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s not like he went down as soon as Morrison’s arms were on him. He went to ground after moving the ball away from Morrison’s feet and trying to move with the ball, but being held back by the player hanging onto him, right in front of the ref. Player goes to ground to make obvious foul in front of a ref more obvious when he’s been fouled, what a shocker, what a diver xD

Well, yeah that's sort of the definition of diving.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Are people not allowed to call out players for diving then? Especially when it's the same player doing it on a regular basis.

Getting commented on it is part of the natural order of football. As always, if the boot was on the other foot and it was an Everton or United player you lot would have the pitchforks out in force and those fans would be getting defensive about it instead. 

He doesn't dive though, the defender literally had him around the neck before he goes down

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

How? xD

He threw himself to the floor and basically played the ref. Morrison was stupid for continuing the tussle but it happened for a few seconds prior to that. 

That's how xD

It's as clear an example as you'll see of what a player has to do to win a penalty. It's a foul as soon as Morrison puts his arms around Salah and starts wrestling with him, but Salah resists for a bit and it's not until he throws himself to the ground (because he does) that the referee gives it.

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yet the the general tussle was a few seconds before Salah throws himself to the floor. Could have easily done it at any other point. 

It wasn't, he goes down as your defender has him around the neckxD

Lol at people saying he dived. Definitely did not dive, he went down as Morrison was holding him back. 

Big win, keeping the pressure on City. It's all we can do, keep up with them. Praying for Utd to fight like fuck on wed.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s not a dive when it’s an actual foul imo.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You're desperate to say it wasn't a penalty, just say it you bitter twatxD

Bottom line is that if Dele Alli or Richarlison or Paul Pogba did the exact same thing at Anfield you lot would be absolutely up in arms yet you (mainly Mike) can't even acknowledge that he goes down easy.

What am I bitter about? xD. As it stands you lot lost the title at Goodison which doesn't make me bitter at all.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Bottom line is that if Dele Alli or Richarlison or Paul Pogba did the exact same thing at Anfield you lot would be absolutely up in arms yet you (mainly Mike) can't even acknowledge that he goes down easy.

What am I bitter about? xD. As it stands you lot lost the title at Goodison which doesn't make me bitter at all.

Everton aren't you?

Nah I wouldn't expect a defender playing for Liverpool to be so stupid to drag an attacker down in the box.

• Subscriber

Bit nervy for a few that game. Could have done with Bobby putting away the first chance but it ended well in the end and thats all that matters. Onto the next game and hoping Fabinho is okay.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Salah as soon as he gets in the oppositions box.... 

Image result for diving gif

Its alright, if you look towards the end of that gif, the person with the white tshirt on has blown the whistle too haha

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think celebrating this makes you bitter by definition doesn't it? xD I mean I get it; I'd be loving it too if I were you, but it's definitely bitter

I honestly think if that penalty happened to us, I'd be too busy criticising Lovren the defender in question because it's a clear foul regardless of whether he goes down easily

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Its alright, if you look towards the end of that gif, the person with the white tshirt on has blown the whistle too haha

I didn't see it to be honest, just wanted to join in.. like those people at marches that don't know what they are marching for but still wave their fists in the air in protest.. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I didn't see it to be honest, just wanted to join in.. like those people at marches that don't know what they are marching for but still wave their fists in the air in protest.. 

Nah Salah does go down easily and I dont like it but in this instance the defender played into it and did have his arm around his neck. I think the referee did the right thing here by calling it a penalty because where is the attacker supposed to go? The defender doesn't have the ball, the attacker has rolled it outwards and is moving towards it while the defender has one arm around his neck. Easy call for me.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I think celebrating this makes you bitter by definition doesn't it? xD I mean I get it; I'd be loving it too if I were you, but it's definitely bitter

I honestly think if that penalty happened to us, I'd be too busy criticising Lovren the defender in question because it's a clear foul regardless of whether he goes down easily

In a world where Manchester United fans want them to lose their local derby to stop Liverpool winning the league I hardly think it registers as bitter. I wouldn't categorise not wanting your rivals to win the League as being bitter, that's just called having a rivalry, but it does make it more funny when ahead of that match, certain Reds fans on here were talking about properly embarrassing Everton and predicting a 4-0 win if then dropping points there costs you lot the title in the end.

Admittedly the whole "bitter" thing takes on a different meaning when it comes to Everton and Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Nah Salah does go down easily and I dont like it but in this instance the defender played into it and did have his arm around his neck. I think the referee did the right thing here by calling it a penalty because where is the attacker supposed to go? The defender doesn't have the ball, the attacker has rolled it outwards and is moving towards it while the defender has one arm around his neck. Easy call for me.

Did an Olympic sized one against us but thankfully got nothing out of it, not that it made a difference to the final result.. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

In a world where Manchester United fans want them to lose their local derby to stop Liverpool winning the league I hardly think it registers as bitter. I wouldn't categorise not wanting your rivals to win the League as being bitter, that's just called having a rivalry, but it does make it more funny when ahead of that match, certain Reds fans on here were talking about properly embarrassing Everton and predicting a 4-0 win if then dropping points there costs you lot the title in the end.

Admittedly the whole "bitter" thing takes on a different meaning when it comes to Everton and Liverpool.

All I know is that Everton and Manchester United are a bunch of fucking cunts

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Did an Olympic sized one against us but thankfully got nothing out of it, not that it made a difference to the final result.. 

Yeah he went down very soft there. I think next season when VAR becomes more prominent we'll see this kind of thing weeded out very quickly. I don't think players should be doing that anyways but it happens and as I stated before I do not like it one bit.

• The title was changed to Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 21st April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived