talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 21st April, 2019

football forum

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah he went down very soft there. I think next season when VAR becomes more prominent we'll see this kind of thing weeded out very quickly. I don't think players should be doing that anyways but it happens and as I stated before I do not like it one bit.

At least VAR will clear up any doubt but I wonder what refs will do with players that try it on with a con?? 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

At least VAR will clear up any doubt but I wonder what refs will do with players that try it on with a con?? 

You see thats where the issue really lies. Can the VAR ref do his/her job and will the ref on the pitch actually listen. That's where things are so ambiguous and someone on here I think @Happy Blue said it right. Whatever the VAR ref says should just stick otherwise you're going to have more ambiguity on decision making and thats just a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

In a world where Manchester United fans want them to lose their local derby to stop Liverpool winning the league I hardly think it registers as bitter. I wouldn't categorise not wanting your rivals to win the League as being bitter, that's just called having a rivalry, but it does make it more funny when ahead of that match, certain Reds fans on here were talking about properly embarrassing Everton and predicting a 4-0 win if then dropping points there costs you lot the title in the end.

Admittedly the whole "bitter" thing takes on a different meaning when it comes to Everton and Liverpool.

If Liverpool don't win the league then you can't pinpoint any result, even if you deluded little fuckers will want to think it was that game. We'll probably have finished second on the third highest point ever and you'd just have to hold your hands up and say fair play to Man City for winning 14 in a row or whatever it will be if they win their remaining games. If you want to celebrate that you 'stopped' Liverpool to take away from your shit season then go ahead

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Absolutely nothing if the World Cup was anything to go by. Several times a penalty was rescinded because VAR showed the player had dived, but it still went unpunished. Really disappointing to see, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we get more of the same.

Don't really get the assessment that Cardiff put up a good effort and could have won.

Gave away quite a few clear chances. Seems mad that you can say "we played well and could have won if we scored one goal and the opposition missed several one-on-ones/sitters". 

The everton fans would love to take credit for robbing us of the title at the end of the season but if we dont go on to win it personally i would blame it on the back to back draws we had against West ham and Leicester, we should have won both of those games. Against Everton they played well and probably deserved the draw out of that game.

19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Don't really get the assessment that Cardiff put up a good effort and could have won.

Gave away quite a few clear chances. Seems mad that you can say "we played well and could have won if we scored one goal and the opposition missed several one-on-ones/sitters". 

Tbf, if Morrison didn't fuck up the header, it could have been a different game (though I agree that I struggle to understand how we could have won when we created very few chances). 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If Liverpool don't win the league then you can't pinpoint any result, even if you deluded little fuckers will want to think it was that game. We'll probably have finished second on the third highest point ever and you'd just have to hold your hands up and say fair play to Man City for winning 14 in a row or whatever it will be if they win their remaining games. If you want to celebrate that you 'stopped' Liverpool to take away from your shit season then go ahead

xD chill out mate, you did win you know.

And some friendly advice, us lot wouldn't go on about "stopping you" from winning the title if you didn't get so riled up about it like this.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

xD chill out mate, you did win you know.

And some friendly advice, us lot wouldn't go on about "stopping you" from winning the title if you didn't get so riled up about it like this.

Nah you would, because it's all you have. And all you'll have for years.

I've had a few bevvies on a bank holiday weekend so I'm in the mood to be an argumentive little cunt but I stand by everything I sayxD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nah you would, because it's all you have. And all you'll have for years.

I've had a few bevvies on a bank holiday weekend so I'm in the mood to be an argumentive little cunt but I stand by everything I sayxD

xD enjoy the rest of your day mate 👍.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

The everton fans would love to take credit for robbing us of the title at the end of the season but if we dont go on to win it personally i would blame it on the back to back draws we had against West ham and Leicester, we should have won both of those games. Against Everton they played well and probably deserved the draw out of that game.

Not having that if you're giving Everton credit for deserving a point. We could've won that game at Anfield.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Not having that if you're giving Everton credit for deserving a point. We could've won that game at Anfield.

You definitely had the chances, but then the scorer of your equaliser should've been sent off before that point and we perhaps should've had a penalty later on. Probably swings and roundabouts for me though in that I felt annoyed to only draw, but also like we'd got away with it a bit.

The United game will stick out for me if we don't win the league. It felt set up for us to put our foot on the gas and really go for a winner, but we just never did. I think Klopp was wary of the counter and thought we'd be better taking the point because City would slip. It's the only time I've felt like we were 'settling' for a point, and City haven't dropped one since.

Clear as day penalty. Manchester City got away with a handball yesterday and there has been no mention of it. This anti-Scouse (and it is anti-Scouse, amazes me that Everton fans are so thick not to realise the hate directed is about Liverpool people not the club) bile from London/Manc media is coming out in its fullest now. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Clear as day penalty. Manchester City got away with a handball yesterday and there has been no mention of it. This anti-Scouse (and it is anti-Scouse, amazes me that Everton fans are so thick not to realise the hate directed is about Liverpool people not the club) bile from London/Manc media is coming out in its fullest now. 

I think it's as much as anti-Scouse as it is a kinda of internalised urge in a lot of English football to bootlick City as the flashiest, most seemingly invincible champions.

If they win the league then it's like, yeah of course they've won, what chance does anyone have. It sort of forgives the poor state of most of England's other top sides. 

If Liverpool win then it does the opposite. 

There's a resentment in England for the idea of any historically big club with a real fan culture to succeed. Most would prefer either an underdog like Leicester, or a jacked-up petro-club who aren't really perceived as being on the same playing field. 

• Administrator

Just seen the penalty incident. Salah doesn't half make a meal of it in the way he throws himself to the ground but no one can deny Morrison hasn't got his hands all over him and influenced Salah falling to the ground. It's more than just normal contact in a game - his hands are all over him so a penalty is just about the right call for me. Salah's probably feels the need to dramatically fall to the ground so that the ref does give it. 

But let's face it, if it happened to any one of our own strikers we'd all be begging for it to be given anyway. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just seen the penalty incident. Salah doesn't half make a meal of it in the way he throws himself to the ground but no one can deny Morrison hasn't got his hands all over him and influenced Salah falling to the ground. It's more than just normal contact in a game - his hands are all over him so a penalty is just about the right call for me. Salah's probably feels the need to dramatically fall to the ground so that the ref does give it. 

But let's face it, if it happened to any one of our own strikers we'd all be begging for it to be given anyway. 

Well said.

The was enough there for a penalty but Salah going to ground was theatrical and not consistent with the direction of movement or force being applied.

It will probably further his reputation as a diver because people use different definitions for that rather than just "was there fair enough grounds for a penalty there"?

• The title was changed to Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 21st April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD

I normally think Gary Neville is ok but he's making a right cunt of himself at times during this title run in. People go on about Carragher's bias but little is said of Neville's.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I normally think Gary Neville is ok but he's making a right cunt of himself at times during this title run in. People go on about Carragher's bias but little is said of Neville's.

Because Neville has gone in hard on Utd at times so the bias, in that sense, isn't there.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm talking about when he's commenting on Liverpool, not Man Utd

I know. But has Carragher ever gone in hard on Liverpool like Neville has for Utd? Or does he not make mention of it if Liverpool did something bad or when they're not performing well (I know this season would be hard to because of how good you've been!)

Also, it's Neville and Liverpool. He's not going to be too complimentary about them is he given he's played for Utd all his life and there's gonna be that rival feeling towards Liverpool. I'm sure Carragher would do the same about Utd?

People go on about Carragher's bias because, and glaringly so against Southampton when he commentated there, it's just shite to listen to from a neutral point of view. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I know. But has Carragher ever gone in hard on Liverpool like Neville has for Utd? Or does he not make mention of it if Liverpool did something bad or when they're not performing well (I know this season would be hard to because of how good you've been!)

Yeah, plenty of times. Particularly when we were shocking defensively in recent seasons

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah, plenty of times. Particularly when we were shocking defensively in recent seasons

Okay, I don't recall but will give the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not sure what you expect of Neville though when it comes to Liverpool though. There's bound to be bias from his side likewise I'd imagine Carragher wouldn't be that complimentary or favourable towards Utd. 

Just now, Stan said:

Okay, I don't recall but will give the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not sure what you expect of Neville though when it comes to Liverpool though. There's bound to be bias from his side likewise I'd imagine Carragher wouldn't be that complimentary or favourable towards Utd. 

I was merely pointing out his bias like some on here have done with Carragher. Didn't say I expected him to remain completely impartial.

His comments yesterday were a joke though

Archived