talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-2 Burnley - Monday 22nd April, 2019

football forum

Burnley are an embarrassment but we are equally embarrassing. We embarrassingly rewarded them for playing embarrassingly. 

I'd say our predictability in the final third that 2nd half was equally as bad as our defending. This team and current crop deserve nothing. 

But yet again, the blame will ultimately land on Sarri. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I would like to see the stats for those because I can't remember the last time we scored a goal from a corner?? 

It's been all these pre-set moves involving the near post and about half end up being overcooked anyway leaving the opposition goalkeeper an easy catch.

I've been humming and hawing about Kovacic all season but after watching him now for more or less a full campaign, I can happily say I wouldn't even take him on a free. He'll probably be part of the deal involving Hazard going the other way, fucking brilliant that.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Notice how predictable we become the moment CHO is off and Pedro comes on. The right side in turn becomes useless. Pedro with his continuing recycling to the midfield + Dave's atrocious crossing. 

He is so predictable with it, the defender knows exactly what he is going to do and just throws himself in for the block... just too obvious the whole time

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Notice how predictable we become the moment CHO is off and Pedro comes on. The right side in turn becomes useless. Pedro with his continuing recycling to the midfield + Dave's atrocious crossing. 

I didn't see the first half because of work but second half it's something I noticed as well about the right hand side. I was constantly thinking in my head Emerson and Hazard shouldn't force things, be a bit more patient, move Burnley about a bit, and get the ball moving to the right side and try things there but every time I suddenly remembered the two players who occupied that side and I thought Hazard you may as well try and go past 9 defenders yourself.

One of Pedro's biggest fans but he's been really off the pace this season.

Top four is done after last night, we have a point more than Arsenal and three than United while being equal on points with Spurs. All of them have a game in hand, and we travel to Old Trafford where we will comfortably lose as we always do away in the 2019. Last time we won at Old Trafford 0-1 in the 2013 i think? 

I need to know how many corners did we score from this season? I recall a few but need an exact number. Teams putting it for a Chelsea corner is equal to them having a goal kick. They are either short, cleared or too close to the keeper where he easily collects it.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I need to know how many corners did we score from this season? I recall a few but need an exact number. Teams putting it for a Chelsea corner is equal to them having a goal kick. They are either short, cleared or too close to the keeper where he easily collects it.

Having a look, I can tell you we have had 193 corners so far this season and 134 against... trying to find the amount of goals from them still.

I do know that we scored 10 goals from 191 corners last season 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Having a look, I can tell you we have had 193 corners so far this season and 134 against... trying to find the amount of goals from them still.

According to @The Liquidator that would be classed as an improvement - more corners this season than last ;) 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Is that considered a good turn around? I mean one way to look at it is to say what @True Blue is saying which is that teams have analyzed that putting a ball out for a corner nearly results in a free goal-kick but the other way of looking at it more optimistically is saying that you do spend a lot of time in attacking positions as well. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Is that considered a good turn around? I mean one way to look at it is to say what @True Blue is saying which is that teams have analyzed that putting a ball out for a corner nearly results in a free goal-kick but the other way of looking at it more optimistically is saying that you do spend a lot of time in attacking positions as well. 

Still trying to find the conversion rate from somewhere, plenty of info on corners taken/conceded but not a lot on goals scored from them... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Last season was under Conte and it wasn't a issue. This season our corners are piss, yet we have tall players in the squad.

Gutted for CHO in his breakthrough season... fuck your luck when all else is going well he gets seriously injured... Hope he makes a quicker than expected recovery

Hudson Odoi went down innocuously

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has vowed to ‘come back stronger next season’ after suffering a devastating Achilles injury against Burnley. The winger was forced off in the first half after an innocuous fall and Chelsea confirmed after the 2-2 draw that he’d torn his Achilles. The 18-year-old could miss as much as nine months with the injury, though the club are yet to put a time frame on his recovery.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-2 Burnley - Monday 22nd April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived