talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quote Box

football forum

• Subscriber

For some reason, my quote box is not working properly, I will cut and paste an article or photo in the frame of the quote box but when I post a huge gap will appear at the top and the article right at the bottom, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem? I will try a quote in here and see if it works...

Edit Seems to be working ok now but will have to try a longer quote whenever and see if it has corrected itself.

Testing

Testing

Testing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Tommy Robinson jailed for contempt of court

Tommy Robinson has been jailed for nine months over contempt of court.

The ex-English Defence League leader was found guilty last week of interfering with the trial of a sexual grooming gang at Leeds Crown Court in May 2018.

Two Old Bailey judges said his Facebook Live video of defendants in the trial had encouraged "vigilante action".

Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, called the sentence an "absolute joke".

In his Telegram account, Robinson said: "Sentenced to prison for journalism. Time for protests to start."

Outside the London court, Robinson's supporters booed as news of his sentence reached them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48950672

• Subscriber

Nope, says 

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

I get this with a big gap and then the quote appears down the page, any ideas @Stan, @Rab, @Batard...Jesus, God... anyone... help...O.o 

• Subscriber

Pretty sure that's just because of the formatting of the article you're trying to copy paste? Try clicking "paste as plain test" at the bottom of the reply field when you paste the text.

• Subscriber

Advanced issues found

Tommy Robinson has been given a nine-month jail sentence after he was found guilty of contempt of court at an earlier hearing.

The 36-year-old, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, broadcast reports that encouraged “vigilante action” and “unlawful physical” aggression against defendants in a sexual exploitation trial, according to the judges who found him guilty earlier this month.

• Subscriber

Advanced issues found

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

Pretty sure that's just because of the formatting of the article you're trying to copy paste? Try clicking "paste as plain test" at the bottom of the reply field when you paste the text.

Nope, just tried that, I am going to try without the plain text.

Advanced issues found

Tommy Robinson has been given a nine-month jail sentence after he was found guilty of contempt of court at an earlier hearing.

The 36-year-old, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, broadcast reports that encouraged “vigilante action” and “unlawful physical” aggression against defendants in a sexual exploitation trial, according to the judges who found him guilty earlier this month.

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Just ignore this, checking again to see if the quote box is working ok. :ay:

Solskjaer backs Maguire as long-term Man United captain

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backed Harry Maguire to be the club's captain in the long-term after wearing the armband in Sunday's 3-1 defeat of Brighton and Hove Albion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 11/11/2019 at 13:34, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, still the space above, will just have to use old faithful. O.o

Quote.thumb.png.32aac5f8f05911a9e898930d7296d23c.png

I had this issue a couple of days ago. Have you tried pressing the + button next to Quote and using Multiquote instead?

• Subscriber

Edit: No, still does not work, still have a gap.

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

No, I will give it a go...

That's ok when your or my post but if you want to quote a news clip then the 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

No good as mentioned, I will just have to go back and use old faithful...

Quote.thumb.png.37052b6fe4319805cee6543204fce0ae.png

46 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I had this issue a couple of days ago. Have you tried pressing the + button next to Quote and using Multiquote instead?

That will work if I am quoting from someone in here but not cut & pasting a news item into the box below.

Testing.

Jose Mourinho at Tottenham: Is Mauricio Pochettino's replacement the right man?

Jose Mourinho is in unfamiliar territory as he takes charge at Tottenham Hotspur following the sacking of Mauricio Pochettino.

Mourinho's arrival at a new club is usually a source of optimism because he invariably brings a guarantee of the silverware that has eluded Spurs since their 2008 League Cup win.

Not this time. This time he is replacing a hugely popular figure whose dismissal has angered many Tottenham fans, who then doubled down on their discontent by questioning the Portuguese's suitability to succeed Pochettino.

So is Mourinho the right man for Spurs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50485488

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Subscriber

A New laptop, going to see if it can fix my quote box...here goes. O.o

No-one has scored more Premier League headers than Dominic Calvert-Lewin since the start of last season, but his leap to prominence is no surprise to the man who signed him for Everton.

Former Toffees defender and now academy director David Unsworth says he is still "amazed" that he managed to buy the forward from Sheffield United for a "cheeky" bid of a reported £1.5m in 2016.

He first spotted Calvert-Lewin as a 15-year-old in the gym when he was head of the Blades' academy, and quickly realised he was "a talent who stuck out".

"What first caught my eye was his gym work," Unsworth tells BBC Sport. "We'd be there in the evenings and his power from a standing jump was the best I've ever seen. He was doing a lot of squats, and jumps at an incredible height onto these wooden boxes.

"He had a few growth issues - his legs were growing at a different rate to his body - but that was the first time I saw him and thought 'wow, there's an incredible athlete there'."

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Can you try it again @CaaC (John) just to confirm it has worked?

Will do but before if I quoted anyone then the blank space would appear, here goes...

No-one has scored more Premier League headers than Dominic Calvert-Lewin since the start of last season, but his leap to prominence is no surprise to the man who signed him for Everton.

Former Toffees defender and now academy director David Unsworth says he is still "amazed" that he managed to buy the forward from Sheffield United for a "cheeky" bid of a reported £1.5m in 2016.

He first spotted Calvert-Lewin as a 15-year-old in the gym when he was head of the Blades' academy, and quickly realised he was "a talent who stuck out".

"What first caught my eye was his gym work," Unsworth tells BBC Sport. "We'd be there in the evenings and his power from a standing jump was the best I've ever seen. He was doing a lot of squats, and jumps at an incredible height onto these wooden boxes.

"He had a few growth issues - his legs were growing at a different rate to his body - but that was the first time I saw him and thought 'wow, there's an incredible athlete there'."

Archived