talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

Congrats to Fed on reaching 20.

Not the best final I've seen, but not bad. I just find Cilic's whole attitude and demeanor so off putting that I really just don't enjoy his matches. Kudos to him though fighting back time and time again.

Greatest Tennis player there ever was, hopefully he can add more to his list.

This has been a good tournament in fairness, Chung vs Djokovic was edge of the seat stuff and pretty much announced Chung into contention for future Grand Slams. Kyle Edmund managed to get to a semi final with some good wins a long the way and considering the trouble Cilic gave Federer tonight losing to him was no shame.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 01:35, RandoEFC said:

20 slams and counting. Unbelievable really. Obviously the three biggest rivals are not at it at the moment but it still says a lot about Federer that he's so comprehensively ahead of players 10-15 years younger than him still.

yeah.   i'm happy that it's not an american who's ruling the tennis world.      too bad the WTA is monopolized by those Williams sisters.   i don't know what's gotten into Maria's head when she confessed about that doping incident.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Time to resurrect this thread. I haven't been watching much in Murray's absence but watching the French Open final right now. Nadal going for number 11 in Paris and looks too strong for Dominic Thiem of Austria who has always impressed me and continues to do so today in his first grand slam final. Rafa is just too good on this court for anyone besides prime Djokovic.

Federer to return for the grass court season and some positive noises that Andy Murray will be back for Queens and Wimbledon as well.

@JOSHBRFC @Machado @Eco we been keeping up with things?

I'm watching the final but haven't watched any other game of the tournament. I really like Thiem and he's looking better than I thought but not enough to beat Nadal on clay.

Nadal is 95-0 on clay after winning the first set... not looking good for Thiem lol.

Looking forward to the grass season as well.

• Administrator

Watched quite a few games of the French Open this time around. 

Schwartzmann, who Nadal beat in the semis, looks like a decent prospect. Look forward to seeing him in the next few years. Same with Cecchinato. 

Rafa is the ultimate king of clay though. Unreal how good he is on that surface. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Paulh_85 said:

First day at the all england club today.

Womens tennis is notoriously had to predict but ive got a little bet on Agnieszka Radwanska

SkyBet had a Request-a-Bet for Federer, Djokovic, Venus Williams & Halep all to reach the quarters at 40/1. Think that's decent. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

SkyBet had a Request-a-Bet for Federer, Djokovic, Venus Williams & Halep all to reach the quarters at 40/1. Think that's decent. 

yeah not bad that. considering

Federer should be a shoe-in -

Halep's run to the QF looks good on paper (4th round against either Mertens or Konta)

Novak a little more difficult, possible 3rd round v kyle Edmund and 4th round against Thiem

Venus is a difficult one - potential 4th round game against Buzarnescu or Sabalenka (who play in the first round today, an incredibly tough draw as they are both in the top 32!)

• Administrator

@Paulh_85 you been watching?

Kvitova out on Tuesday :o

Wozniacki out yesterday :o. I saw her match with Makarova from when she was 5-1 down. Pulled it back to 5-5 and still lost.

No shocks yet in the Men's (apart from Thiem going out through injury) and expect that to be the same today. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

@Paulh_85 you been watching?

Kvitova out on Tuesday :o

Wozniacki out yesterday :o. I saw her match with Makarova from when she was 5-1 down. Pulled it back to 5-5 and still lost.

No shocks yet in the Men's (apart from Thiem going out through injury) and expect that to be the same today. 

yeah its always the way with womens tennis, its a bit of a mess in all honesty someone like Caroline Garcia being the number six seed (also lost in first round) just about sums it up.

Stevens (4) and Svitolina (5) both out too

Did you have a bet on that request-a-bet? still looking ok isnt it?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Paulh_85 said:

yeah its always the way with womens tennis, its a bit of a mess in all honesty someone like Caroline Garcia being the number six seed (also lost in first round) just about sums it up.

Stevens (4) and Svitolina (5) both out too

Did you have a bet on that request-a-bet? still looking ok isnt it?

yes mate still looking good.

I've got another:
Federer & Cilic to reach semi-final, Kyrgios, Djokovic, Del Potro to reach quarters - 25/1

• Subscriber

Konta on her way out here. Back to no British women getting past the Second Round after her heroics last year. Her ranking will get battered as well with all the points she was defending from last year.