talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

11 minutes ago, AMG said:

TIL: people watch women's tennis.

I do watch some. Ultimately I like to see good matches and unpredictable outcomes.

Osaka is a 21 year old with huge potential and great character.  Kvitova has come back from a career threatening injury in a home burglary that almost cost her half a hand and is absolutely fearless on the court. Whoever wins becomes world number 1.

Better than another boring chapter of Djokovic vs nadal.

I do prefer men's tennis but I'm totally sick of the era of those two winning everything. 

21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Massive choke from Osaka at the end of set 2 but that's just classic women's tennis. She deserved to win and did in the end.

It was a great match! Osaka looked like she's choking, but he got her focus back at a crucial moment. 

Anyway, looking forward to Djokovic vs. Nadal now. VAMOS, Rafa! 

• Administrator

Not going well from Rafa. Didn't turn up for the first set and looked a bit nervous and slow.
Pulling it back in the 2nd set but this court to Novak is like Rafa to Roland Garros. 

Gonna take a monumental effort for Rafa to win this.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

yeah I reckon Nadal could smell victory there :ph34r:

xD 

I really hope one of them 2 don’t overtake Federer’s tally of Slams. He will always be the goat in my eyes! 

Nadal did well to get to the final anyway considering his lack of match practice since the US Open.

Federer playing the French Open aswell, I pray he has One more Slam left in him! Wimbledon!!!

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

xD 

I really hope one of them 2 don’t overtake Federer’s tally of Slams. He will always be the goat in my eyes! 

Nadal did well to get to the final anyway considering it’s lack of match practice since the US Open.

Federer playing the French Open aswell, I pray he has One more Slam left in him! Wimbledon!!!

Only if Federer doesn't win one again - I think he's got one more Wimbledon in him which takes him to 21.

Nadal could do it with French Opens alone if he wins 3 or 4 more anyway xD. Unlikely, though, even he gets that many more.

Can't see Djokovic eclipsing 20+. He's only a year younger than Nadal and who knows how long he has left. He may win a couple more Aus Opens though because he's so good there.

Federer and Nadal are in an elite level in themselves - the Ronaldo/Messi of tennis. Although I love both tennis players in that scenario xD. Both are such good personnel off the courts, too.

20 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

xD 

Nadal did well to get to the final anyway considering his lack of match practice since the US Open.

I think there's a good chance Djokovic over takes it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Kyrgios needs to get his own house in order before slagging off anyone else in the sport.

He comes across as a spoilt little cunt really and Nadal was right when he said (a year or 2 ago?) that he [Kyrgios] doesn't and has never respected the sport or other players.

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind when he says Verdasco is the 'most arrogant man' ever. Might want to take a look in the mirror, Nick, given you go on to say this '“Simply because, I’ve played him twice and like, I’m sorry, but if you can’t beat me, you’re not the greatest of all time.'

Contradicts himself as well here talking about Djokovic (?) :

“He’s an unbelievable player, he’s a champion of the sport; one of the greatest we’ll ever see. He probably will, honestly, I reckon he will get the grand slam count, I reckon he will overpass Federer.

“(But) we’re talking about a guy who pulled out of the Australian Open one year because it was too hot. No matter how many grand slams he wins, he will never be the greatest for me.'

• Subscriber

Kyrgios has always, and will always, be better at getting attention for chatting absolute garbage than actually being good at tennis. Not even reading that interview because I can already imagine what it will say. He's a cunt and a laughing stock and has been since day one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Anyone been watching French Open?

Quite a few surprises already. Wozniacki and Kerber out in the first round in the Women's. Medveded knocked out as well in the Mens.