talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

You haven't got a bet on this have you Rando?:D

Nope, I've just liked Thiem since he was ranked down in the 50s and was just emerging. And it's about time that the likes of him and Zverev and Medvedev say "enough's enough" to the old guard.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Nope, I've just liked Thiem since he was ranked down in the 50s and was just emerging. And it's about time that the likes of him and Zverev and Medvedev say "enough's enough" to the old guard.

Yeah, I was impressed by Thiem when he first came on the scene, he and Zverev were very impressive. Medvedev I have only followed over the last 2 years or so. But Thiem has improved his game further. He's much more cool and measured, which is key in the big matches. Djokovic has a big task to win this one now, being 2-1 down in sets. It's do or die for him in this 4th set.

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Djokovic in meltdown since the second warning. Has recovered meanwhile but lost a set fighting his inner diva.

Yeah, the temperamental side of Novak's character doesn't help his cause, but as a player he is superb. But his meltdown's can cost him against the very best opposition.

Djokovic wins his service game without dropping a single point and wins the set 6-3 in the process. It looks like Novak is back to his best, but Thiem has played some superb tennis himself today. Thiem will start serving in the 5th set, will he win his first ever Grand Slam against the mighty Djokovic?