talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber

It's not a popular opinion but Djokovic is the best all round player of the big three and if he'd managed to sort his head out at the top level a couple of years earlier he'd comfortably have a higher slam count than Roger and Rafa. He might well end up beating them anyway.

26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I just find him to be a thoroughly unlikeable character, and he plays some of the most boring tennis you’ll ever see. Effective, but boring. 

I understand what you mean, he's no Federer in terms of entertainment value. However, I still admire his resilience, tenacity and his power on the court and all that he has achieved. But Federer for me is the best player of the Nadal and Nole generation, in terms of his skill and his excellent shot variety. How he is still doing so well is testament to his natural talent. It's only injuries that hold him back even now, when he is fully fit, he is still a match for the elite players.

He's too much of a drama queen to me. Can't get behind the guy.

Today as well as against Federer, he started the match off in total diva mode, like he was pissed his opponent put up a fight. That kind of expectancy like he is supposed to have yet another easy match. Barely lost a set all tournament and get's mad at the prospect of a challenge.

His lack of awareness, when he has outbursts/roars after doing little to win a set, most of the times as his opponent makes a mistake, and his demeanor as if he is the only one who should have a claim on the match is embarrassing. Serena Williams at her worst vibes. Bullying the umpire and even touching him which is something I've never seen in Tennis to be honest.

He just doesn't reasonate with me.

Against Federer he even had the majority of the crowd since the Serbs were much louder and the Federer fans barely made any noise, and he still got all big-eyed and roaring at the crowd, as well as in the end doing his spinning finger celebration like he had to prove anyone wrong.

Edited by Machado

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Djokovic has tested positive. Ironic following his comments saying that there's too much fuss about protection from the virus at tournaments...

3 other players had it too at the tournament he was in. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Djokovic has tested positive. Ironic following his comments saying that there's too much fuss about protection from the virus at tournaments...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stan said:

He's also an anti vaxer

Shame there's no Wimbledon this July, I always look forward to seeing the best tennis players in action during the summer. I guess we will have to wait another year before we watch top class tennis on the lawn again. :(

• 2 months later...