talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Eco said:

Oh, Tsitsipas being unsportsmanlike and a prick? Color me shocked.

Must have missed that. It was Zverev who kicked off and got all up in the umpire's grill during the match xD.

Great match in the end after a fairly uninspiring first couple of sets. Hopefully Rafa and Novak can now live up to the hype, this was only supposed to be the warmup act :) .

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Must have missed that. It was Zverev who kicked off and got all up in the umpire's grill during the match xD.

Great match in the end after a fairly uninspiring first couple of sets. Hopefully Rafa and Novak can now live up to the hype, this was only supposed to be the warmup act :) .

I get Zverev's beef. Tsitsipas hit the ball deep, it was called out as Zverev was hitting it, and the ball hits the net. They look at the mark and decide the ball is in and since Zverev didn't hit the ball over, the chair ump gave the point to Tsitsipas. Normally they replay the point since the call was obviously made before/during Zverev's swing.

Hope the other Semi is a good match as well. Hope it's Nadal.

Wow - Tsitsipas getting very emotional after the win. Good for him.

This 'next' generation of Zverev, Theim, Medvedev, and Tsitsipas are simply great for the sport.

If he plays Djok, then I hope he wins, but I love watch Nadal on clay and can't go against him if it's Tsitsipas and Nadal in the final.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wow - Tsitsipas getting very emotional after the win. Good for him.

This 'next' generation of Zverev, Theim, Medvedev, and Tsitsipas are simply great for the sport.

If he plays Djok, then I hope he wins, but I love watch Nadal on clay and can't go against him if it's Tsitsipas and Nadal in the final.

I like the players, but it's past time they knocked the big three out of the way. The last generation of Nishikori, Raonic and co failed to do so, it'll be a bit embarrassing for this lot if they don't wrestle the elite positions from the previous generation, as good as they are, in their mid to late 30s. It shouldn't be a case of just waiting for them to retire at the top, otherwise it'll always be held against this generation as evidence that they aren't as great as the all time greats, if you get me.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I like the players, but it's past time they knocked the big three out of the way. The last generation of Nishikori, Raonic and co failed to do so, it'll be a bit embarrassing for this lot if they don't wrestle the elite positions from the previous generation, as good as they are, in their mid to late 30s. It shouldn't be a case of just waiting for them to retire at the top, otherwise it'll always be held against this generation as evidence that they aren't as great as the all time greats, if you get me.

Yeah, don't forget Tsonga, Monfils, Pouille, and others. That generation was a bust for sure.

I think this generation is much better than the previous one, but you are also talking about dethroning 3 of the greatest players of all time.

• Subscriber

Don't care who wins, just wanted Djokovic to make a bit more of a contest of it. They're starting to take some proper chunks out of each other now. Turning into one of those Nadal-Djokovic slugfests with no particular pattern. I suppose I'll switch over to the football now and come back for the fifth set 😂.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Djokovic won the third set on a tie break after failing to serve it out and facing break points at 5-5. He has now broken to take a 4-2 lead in the fourth set. Two games away from doing what is unthinkable to most, and defeating Nadal at Roland Garros. Match has passed the 4 hour mark.

• Subscriber

And Djokovic wins 36 63 76 62. Some brilliant tennis after I turned back over in the final set, hitting lines for fun. Still, Tsitsipas at least has a slim chance of beating Djokovic in the final, he wouldn't have had a hope against Nadal.

• Administrator

Was Nadal injured for half of that match? There was a point towards end of the third and start of the fourth that you could tell his body had almost given up on him. 

Haroon Rahim was a Pakistani tennis player that reached a career high of 34 in singles ranking, first Asian to enter top 40. He won some opens and won some tight matches against top players like Jimmy Connors.

He wanted to marry an American woman but his family disapproved and severed ties with him. He married that woman but marriage didn't last long. He became an addict/hippie and was last seen in Nepal at a Guru's place. His whereabouts are not known ever since. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Nadal has pulled out of Wimbledon. This isn't a criticism, but it's really noticeable now how much he and Federer are just dropping entire slams which they know they can't win. The pair of them and Djokovic have now clearly made a decision they want to end up with the most majors. It's hard to see anyone other than Djokovic finishing on top though as he's the only one at this point who can still be genuinely competitive at all four slams in a year. Very good chance he actually ends up outstripping them by a decent handful.

• Administrator

Got tickets for Wimbledon today. Court 1 on the missus' birthday so using that as one of her birthday presents. We both love Nadal so a sickener he won't be there but I'll just be glad to finally go! 

Will be mens QF day so hopefully get to see some decent play. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Murray struggling at the moment.

Thought he was done for when he slipped a few moments ago; looked to have done his groin. 

Mannarino and Serena also slipped a few times earlier and it cost them their tournament. And Otte has just slipped as well. 

Don't remember so many people slipping as much as this year.

• Subscriber

Really don’t want Djokovic to win and equal the other 2 on Slams but I really can’t see any other way. And then I fully expect him to complete the calendar slam to have the outright lead in Grand Slams by the end of the year. 

Praying for a Federer miracle.