talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

They canceled the visa of a Czech tennis player who had been in the country for weeks already and even played a match in a practice tournament, and detained her O.o unlike Djokovic, she doesn't have the resources to fight the Australian government though, so just agreed to leave.

That’s an important point (don’t know her whole story, though). He’s got the resources and high profile. 

Basically the Novax Jokervic thing is seemingly a fuck up from government officials at the airport. It’s just a bizarre situation. I highly doubt he actually had covid a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn’t put it past him or his country to falsify this?

35 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

What's the feeling in Australia regarding this?

Hard to say. If you go on social media you have the anti vaxxers being happy (small minority but the loudest voice). I haven’t watched any “commercial” news tonight. Very busy putting babies to bed and changing shit. 😂

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm really upset about it to be honest. I think on a world level it could have devastating affects 

What kind of "devastating effects" could it potentially have on a world level?

His parents comparing the way hes been treated to that of the crucifiction of Jesus Christ is quite telling of where his ego developed.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I've learned never to underestimate the British public when it comes to using an incident over the other side of the world to push there own narratives and agendas before seemingly ignoring far better incidents in the future.

An extreme example would be the protests in the UK after the death of George Floyd in America. You'd expect that same energy when the Dalian Atkinson inquest ruled he was killed after a Police Officer kicked him hard enough in the head on more than one occasion to leave a boot indent but to my knowledge there wasn't anything near the level of protest we had seen befire.

There appears to be very much a 'strike whilst the irons hot' approach over here as opposed to advancing agendas through logic.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I think whenever somebody who refuses to vaccinate gets any kind of victory it encourages anti vaxers and they become more influential 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

He's apologised now and called it 'misguided' to go to events on the 17th and 18th after testing positive on the 16th. 

"Misguided".

Cunt.

Quite. 

Irresponsible and stupid are the words he's looking for. Only sorry he got caught out, too. 

29 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

He's apologised now and called it 'misguided' to go to events on the 17th and 18th after testing positive on the 16th. 

"Misguided".

Cunt.

Basically “I took a PCR and still thought fuck it, I’m doing interviews and public engagements because I’m bullet proof”.

Cunt indeed.

• Subscriber

australian-open-mens-draw-1.jpgaustralian-open-mens-draw-2.jpgaustralian-open-mens-draw-3.jpgaustralian-open-mens-draw-4.jpg

All Kecmanovic aren't we?

The draw is a nice one for Djokovic. Tommy Paul might be a mild danger in R2 but the seeded players he could face in R3/4 are Sonego, who I genuinely haven't heard of, Monfils, who won't be able to concentrate for five sets because he's mental, and Garin who is an average, solid top 20 player who buffs his ranking by pounding the minor clay court tournaments throughout the year. Berretini in the QFs could be a threat. Norris won a Masters 1000 at the back end of last year but I wouldn't back him to really trouble Djokovic. Then it's over to Zverev or Nadal in the semi-finals.

As for Andy Murray, who has made the semi-finals of the warm-up event in Sydney this week after losing to Facundo Bagnis in the first round of his first event of the season, he faces Basilashvili in the first round who is seeded, so a good player, but one of the ones who Murray went through in his Sydney progress this week. 2022 will be make or break in terms of seeing whether he can get his ranking back into at least the top 50-100 to stop needing wildcards for big events, and perhaps become somewhat relevant on the tour again. If it doesn't happen this year, it isn't going to.

I saw a conspiracy theory that the only reason Djoko’s is getting denied is because he heavily criticised and has been campaigning against Rio Tinto in Serbia, and Rio Tinto is one of the backers of the LNP. No evidence but it is one of those things that probably is true to some degree.

Rio Tinto so love raping the earth

@Devil-Dick Willie @Toinho @Harry

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

He waited until it's 5pm on Friday in Australia, and courts are closed until Monday. He basically made the decision and then noped out into the weekend. What a man. xD

Good thing you don’t vote in Australia because you’ve bouhgt into the story. Alex Hawke is typical liberal party scum

https://www.openaustralia.org.au/mp/alex_hawke/mitchell

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Good thing you don’t vote in Australia because you’ve bouhgt into the story. Alex Hawke is typical liberal party scum

https://www.openaustralia.org.au/mp/alex_hawke/mitchell

He made the decision like a coward, just before heading into the weekend and no instant repercussions. It's kind of relatable. :ph34r: Doesn't mean I'd vote for him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He made the decision like a coward, just before heading into the weekend and no instant repercussions. It's kind of relatable. :ph34r: Doesn't mean I'd vote for him. 

Wouldn’t make a difference a hundred of him in the staff to replace him :( 

• Upvote 1