talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

37 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He waited until it's 5pm on Friday in Australia, and courts are closed until Monday. He basically made the decision and then noped out into the weekend. What a man. xD

Faith in Australia, momentarily restored! 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Faith in Australia, momentarily restored! 

I’m skeptical mate, just because I don’t trust any intention from this mob. I didn’t want him to be able enter  for my own reasons but I feel this is something more sinister

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m skeptical mate, just because I don’t trust any intention from this mob. I didn’t want him to be able enter  for my own reasons but I feel this is something more sinister

He’s filled out forms wrong, if it was John Smith he’d have been sent back ages ago. There could be other stuff going on but tbh he’s been some what of a figure for the mad anti vaxxers on my newsfeed so seeing them go from celebrating his victory to this now is worth it for the meltdowns… ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Toinho said:

He’s filled out forms wrong, if it was John Smith he’d have been sent back ages ago. There could be other stuff going on but tbh he’s been some what of a figure for the mad anti vaxxers on my newsfeed so seeing them go from celebrating his victory to this now is worth it for the meltdowns… ;) 

You’re right, it would have been a bad precedent to set, and by law how it is written. Still, I feel suspicious 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yes. They let him under a false pretense so they can deport him for the PR. Johnny Foreigner getting comeuppance is such an effective tool

Forgive me if I’m wrong mate, but this is no typical “Johnny Foreigner” victim example if that’s what you’re insinuating. The guy is a millionaire and a celebrity. His actions are frankly quite odd for someone in his position.

I’m hearing that Spain are now also opening an investigation against him where he apparently lied to the Spanish authorities. He is supposed to have travelled to Australia from Spain.

• Subscriber

'What's good for the goose is good for the gander' as the saying goes, kick him out, if this had been some tennis girl or guy who is ranked somewhere like 56th region they would have had their visa cancelled and kicked out of Aussie land and no one would have batted an eyelid, just because its Djokovic does not give him the right to stay and play and I just hope this might happen again in other countries who have this Covad policy and he tries to enter there and they kick him out too.

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong mate, but this is no typical “Johnny Foreigner” victim example if that’s what you’re insinuating. The guy is a millionaire and a celebrity. His actions are frankly quite odd for someone in his position.

I’m hearing that Spain are now also opening an investigation against him where he apparently lied to the Spanish authorities. He is supposed to have travelled to Australia from Spain.

Not really my point.. that being the government are using this as a good PR spin

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

He needs to go. Seeing him lift the trophy in two week's time after refusing the vaccine, admitting he just carried on going about his life after testing positive for Covid and probably infected others, and admitting that he lied on his visa form, is a kick in the teeth not just to regular Australians who would never have got away with trying to do that to get into their own country, but to people in that same boat around the world.

If Djokovic is allowed to play this tournament and especially if he goes on to win it, he will become a worldwide poster boy for rules not applying to people with money and status the same as they apply to the rest of us.

He needs to go. It really shouldn't be up for debate.

In other slightly more cheerful news, Andy Murray won his semi-final against Opelka in Sydney and is now in his first main tour final since 2019.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Most governments do use these opportunities as PR, especially with well known personalities mate.

Nothing unique there.

That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be brought up and addressed. It is par the course  of things happening  and Morrison taking the credit while actually doing nothing. The point being is that they don’t care about the actual rules and if the popular idea was to let Novax in, they would. The people that are running the show are the exact same people as Djokovic, rich, entitled people that think the rules don’t apply to them.  It is an absolute mess of a situation and he should have been turned away day one, but they have made a meal from it and let it get out of control. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be brought up and addressed. It is par the course  of things happening  and Morrison taking the credit while actually doing nothing. The point being is that they don’t care about the actual rules and if the popular idea was to let Novax in, they would. The people that are running the show are the exact same people as Djokovic, rich, entitled people that think the rules don’t apply to them.  It is an absolute mess of a situation and he should have been turned away day one, but they have made a meal from it and let it get out of control. 

Totally agree with you bro. 

It’s sad to see someone with the iconic status that Djoković has end up being someone that entertains absolute nonsense and then makes a worldwide fool of himself.

The fact there are nutters that either believe in that codswallop around the world demonstrating in his defence or those in his country that feel this is an afront to their national identity is something that can be ignored. Those specimens were there kicking up dust before this even occurred on other issues that they cared to care about.

I didn’t expect this.

Edited by SirBalon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1