talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

Spain has now said he won’t be able to perform on any of Spain’s ATP tournaments unless he gets vaccinated.

I’m starting to feel sorry for him now. Trying to get his agent’s number because there’s a hole in the fence of my local park’s tennis courts and I know where that hole is. He can play there. Although the park keeper is a bit of a nutter... He chases after people with his wheelbarrow.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 18/01/2022 at 08:35, RondónEFC said:

Murray through the first round after five sets against Basilashvili. Should have a chance of another couple of wins having beaten the seeded player in that section.

Hopefully! Would love him to have a good run. 

• Subscriber

Murray and Raducanu both eliminated, sucks from the British perspective. Dan Evans at least progresses to R3 with a walkover win against Rinderknech.

Medvedev beat Nick Kyrgios in four sets in what was the match-up of the day. Tsitsipas and Rublev also through. Seeded players Dimitrov and Schwartzman knocked out.

A few upsets on the women's side. 3rd seed Garbine Muguruza knocked out in straight sets along with 6th seed Ana Kontaveit and 12th seed Rybakina. 

• Subscriber

Nadal going for a 21st slam this weekend which would put him clear of Djokovic and Federer.

That vaccine not looking so bad now is it Novak?

That aside, Nadal won his first Grand Slam title aged 19. Now at 35, he's going for number 21. Almost half a lifetime of winning these titles. Yes, he has leaned heavily on the French to put those numbers up but even if you take away all of those titles, he'd still almost be in the top ten of all time.

Just taking a moment out of the Djokovic anti-vaxx drama to express some appreciation for another all-time great sportsman who also manages not to be a massive entitled anti-science weirdo at the same time.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Nadal going for a 21st slam this weekend which would put him clear of Djokovic and Federer.

That vaccine not looking so bad now is it Novak?

That aside, Nadal won his first Grand Slam title aged 19. Now at 35, he's going for number 21. Almost half a lifetime of winning these titles. Yes, he has leaned heavily on the French to put those numbers up but even if you take away all of those titles, he'd still almost be in the top ten of all time.

Just taking a moment out of the Djokovic anti-vaxx drama to express some appreciation for another all-time great sportsman who also manages not to be a massive entitled anti-science weirdo at the same time.

I didn't like him while I was a big Federer fanboy, but he's a legend. Very likable guy as well. When there were those floods on Mallorca, he did so much to help, like opening his Academy to offer people shelter. He deserves every little bit of success that is coming his way. And as I sad, he was injured for 6 months, got Covid, and turns up to the Australian Open like this. Absolute machine. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Aaaand he just won the third set. Never write this man off. 😅

Never ever ever. He could be down 2 sets and 4 games to Federer and I wouldn’t write him off.

Roger will always be my goat for his elegance and the way he won, but Rafa is a close second. What a man, the heart and balls the man has, it’s inspiring.