talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

Remarkable achievement for Tatjana Maria. She's a two time mother as well. :o 

But I was rooting for Jule! Still a great run for her first Wimbledon appearance. 

Annoying to see Djokovic come back but even when they are two sets down, you'd still not back against Novak or Rafa to turn it around.

There are rare occasions of course bit usually the rest are not quite at that level enough to go for the kill against these guys.

Hoping for a Kygrios/Rafa semi tomorrow. That one would really fascinate me.

Kygrios breezed through. He's getting better as he goes, that serve is really clicking for him.

Gameface on for him now, he's in uncharted waters, first Grandslam semi, you'd back him for the final at this rate.

• Subscriber

Kyrgios is due to face some sort of domestic assault charge when he returns to Australia. Another reason not to buy into the "oh he's such a maverick, McEnroe come again, people just don't like him because he's confident and Wimbledon people are just being snooty and he's *Box Office*" stuff. He's a tit.

• Upvote 2

Shame for Nadal but ultimately I think asking to win a semi and a final was going to be too much with the abdominal pain.

It almost feels like it's Kyrgios' year, it's all falling his way and when he takes to the court on Sunday, he'll be well rested since Wednesday.

He's playing really well, as I mentioned before, that serve is clicking. He will never have a better chance.

Fingers crossed he can pull out another big performance. He could well have a lot of the crowd on his side.

• Administrator

Easy for Djokovic in the end. Norrie never seemed to have the consistency after the first set. Almost tried too hard. 

Hope he beats Kyrgios. Don't necessarily like Djokovic but can almost tolerate him more than Kyrgios. And he's definitely more talented. 

• Subscriber

Fair play to Norrie for taking that first set, more than I thought he'd be able to pull off, but ultimately comfortable for Djokovic.

You'd expect Djokovic to get the win on Sunday but Kyrgios is one of those players who despite being ranked 40th in the world is probably in the top ten that you'd back to potentially pull off the win against an all time great in his first Grand Slam final.

Djokovic a clear favourite though.