talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

I am watching the Zverev v Fritz match at Wimbledon. They've played great tennis so far, where Fritz won the 1st set on a tie break, but Zverev has just broken Fritz to take the 2nd set 6-4. I am hoping that Zverev goes far at Wimbledon, he's such an exciting player to watch.

• Subscriber

Watched  bit of the Federer match  before  I went out before the England game. Damn there’s no finer specimen in sports.

Not going to happen but praying for a miracle and the goat to get to the latter stages.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

She must be special doing what she’s doing at the age of 18.

Just put her match on now after Federer finished. Crowd going insane at the end for him, love it. He has a very very tough match next against more than likely Medvedev.

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

She must be special doing what she’s doing at the age of 18.

Just put her match on now after Federer finished. Crowd going insane at the end for him, love it. He has a very very tough match next against more than likely Medvedev.

I for one will hope I get to see that on Wednesday! 

Would much rather watch him than Djokovic (I will settle for him anyway). 

• Subscriber

Raducanu done well so far. She's got really good natural technique and a good build for tennis. Hopefully she isn't ravaged by injuries like Laura Robson was which left her finished in her early 20s. If she stays fit, she should be around for quite a while. You never know though with the way that the majority of female players fluctuate heavily throughout their careers. It took Jo Konta until well into her career to break into the top 50 then she ended up in the top 5.

Another athlete of Romanian heritage doing great at the highest level. Also another one where they don't represent Romania but another country. 

I'm not sure if it's as common in England, but we have 4-5 great female athletes with similar stories. 

Regardless, the girl can play, especially when you consider her age. 

Sadly she just dropped the first set. 

• Administrator

She looked like she was gonna puke. 

I wish Navratilova would just be quiet for a moment. Especially during points or when they're about to start play. Very off-putting. 

Just now, Stan said:

She looked like she was gonna puke. 

I wish Navratilova would just be quiet for a moment. Especially during points or when they're about to start play. Very off-putting. 

Yes and Yes. 

Nav loves the sound of her own voice. She needs to learn that less is more. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

She looks in a bad way but battling through it! Like she's struggling to breathe. 

Yeah - she's acting pregnant with as much as she is gingerly touching her stomach. 

I know that is a Buddhist technique to control your breath though so maybe that's what she is trying to do..?

• Administrator

Just had to be that that point seemed like an eternity for her when she knew she needed some medical attention.

Breathing all over the shop :(

Must be going mad inside for her mentally. Massive occasion. 

Just now, Stan said:

Just had to be that that point seemed like an eternity for her when she knew she needed some medical attention.

Breathing all over the shop :(

Must be going mad inside for her mentally. Massive occasion. 

Yeah mate, she is hyperventilating. 

bloody hell

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

Poor girl, not even out of school. She's still been mightily impressive. It's a shame if she ends up not being able to give a full account of herself but whatever happens now she will learn a huge amount from this match.

The pair of them are fairly similar in style. Pretty normal on the women's tour to see players stick to the back of the court and exchange reasonably long rallies until someone is forced into a mistake. Tomljanovic is just a bit better at it and got a bit more stamina unsurprisingly. Raducanu just needs to add a few different elements to her game.

She's now retired, a real shame. Hope she's not feeling too rough.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Poor girl, not even out of school. She's still been mightily impressive. It's a shame if she ends up not being able to give a full account of herself but whatever happens now she will learn a huge amount from this match.

The pair of them are fairly similar in style. Pretty normal on the women's tour to see players stick to the back of the court and exchange reasonably long rallies until someone is forced into a mistake. Tomljanovic is just a bit better at it and got a bit more stamina unsurprisingly. Raducanu just needs to add a few different elements to her game.

She's now retired, a real shame. Hope she's not feeling too rough.

I mean, their are younger players than her on the tour competing at a high level. 

Coco Gauf from Atlanta is only 17 and a top 25 player in the world. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

I mean, their are younger players than her on the tour competing at a high level. 

Coco Gauf from Atlanta is only 17 and a top 25 player in the world. 

Okay.... what's your point?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

I just felt like you kept referencing her age, when tennis, like football, has people excel at a very young age. 

Just because there are younger players on the tour or in this tournament doesn't negate anything Raducanu still does as an 18 year old.