talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Medvedev is a bit servebotty really isn't he. Plenty of other facets to his game but that's the big difference between them from what I've seen in this set.

And yes, anyone who can cause an upset against Djokovic would be sound.

Why do you want him to lose?

I do as I find his dominance boring and I don’t want him getting ahead of RF on slams, however it seems to be inevitable.

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

I do as I find his dominance boring and I don’t want him getting ahead of RF on slams, however it seems to be inevitable.

I think Djoker was such a POS early on his career, that some people have quickly forgot that. When you have tennis stars like Federer and Nadal, who are just some of the nicest guys in the world, and then you have Novak who has a history of tantrums and being a bit of a bitch, then it's just easy to dislike him. 

That's just my personal view on the subject, but I just can't cheer for Novak. 

If it's him or Tsitsipas, I hope for some kind of scenario in which they somehow both lose. 😆

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I think Djoker was such a POS early on his career, that some people have quickly forgot that. When you have tennis stars like Federer and Nadal, who are just some of the nicest guys in the world, and then you have Novak who has a history of tantrums and being a bit of a bitch, then it's just easy to dislike him. 

That's just my personal view on the subject, but I just can't cheer for Novak. 

If it's him or Tsitsipas, I hope for some kind of scenario in which they somehow both lose. 😆

I’m just a RF fanboy. 😂

His style of play and his personality mixed with his dominance are the reasons why he will always be my 🐐.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I’m just a Lewis fanboy. 😂

WE FUCKING KNOW! 

hahahah kidding mate. 😂

Yeah man, Roger is an absolute legend. I was always a Nadal fan, just because I like his style of play and how gritty he was. RF always made it look easy and just gliding all over the court. 

The Aussie Open Final a few years ago between the two that went 5 sets was one of my favorite matches of all time. 

I also think that tennis is different, and it was rarely ever RF vs Nadal in a heated way. The players and fans always seemed to respect one another and have done so many charity events together. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

WE FUCKING KNOW! 

hahahah kidding mate. 😂

Yeah man, Roger is an absolute legend. I was always a Nadal fan, just because I like his style of play and how gritty he was. RF always made it look easy and just gliding all over the court. 

The Aussie Open Final a few years ago between the two that went 5 sets was one of my favorite matches of all time. 

I’m just a fanboy in general mate hahaha Messi, RF, Lewis etc. I’ve learned to embrace it now 😂

Yeah the way he glided across the court and overall style of play is unmatched for me. Absolute legend. And it makes it so much easier that he’s so gracious and humble and genuine. What a man.

• Haha 1

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

I’m just a fanboy in general mate hahaha Messi, RF, Lewis etc. I’ve learned to embrace it now 😂

Yeah the way he glided across the court and overall style of play is unmatched for me. Absolute legend. And it makes it so much easier that he’s so gracious and humble and genuine. What a man.

Yeah, I remember when Nadal started opening up his tennis centers throughout Spain, RF would also show up and help out. 

Then RF did some event somewhere in Europe, and Nadal repaid the favor and helped out. 

Love both of them TBH, and I do think they made each other better. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Yeah I have nothing major against Djokovic although there are fewer reasons to like him compared to Federer and Nadal. The breaking Covid regulations last year and some weird anti-vax comments in the past year haven't helped but he's largely a decent guy. I didn't want him to overtake the other two in slams either but nobody can say he hasn't earned his place at the top. He's the best player across the different surfaces and he's done it in probably the most difficult era in terms of competition. I'd never say he doesn't deserve it.

Outside of the big picture of the GOAT/most slams context though, it's just that the same guys have been dominating since I started watching the sport and now it's fizzled down to just one. A calendar grand slam is a great achievement for the individual but it doesn't say much for how competitive the sport is. I'm just fascinated to see how the next generation of tennis looks without the big three but the wait seems to be endless because Djokovic just keeps going again and again. xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Emma Raducanu (the 18 year old British girl who got to the 4th round of Wimbledon) on the brink of the US Open semi finals 👀.

Absolutely amazing. Did not expect her to dispatch of Bencic so easily. 

😵🤯

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Bet The Mail is already delving into the family history, hoping there was a mistake on the immigration papers of her parents.

I don't think it was the Mail but one of the main newspapers ran a front page a day or two back where the big headline was about Priti Patel being well hard and sending migrant boats back to France, with a massive picture of Emma Raducanu, the Canadian-born daughter of a Romanian man and a Chinese woman, right next to it. Of course, they will happily claim her as British as long as she's successful, while perpetuating their general cynicism towards immigrants unironically. All you can do is sigh.

She's had such a ridiculous tournament. Playing three extra matches to come through qualifying meaning she has won 9 consecutive matches, and she hasn't even lost a set yet. I watched the highlights this morning and she really is an excellent player. The way she moves around the court, her range of defensive shots and ability at the net. Stuff like that is usually what the female game is lacking compared to the men but she's got it all in her locker. Really impressed.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think it was the Mail but one of the main newspapers ran a front page a day or two back where the big headline was about Priti Patel being well hard and sending migrant boats back to France, with a massive picture of Emma Raducanu, the Canadian-born daughter of a Romanian man and a Chinese woman, right next to it. Of course, they will happily claim her as British as long as she's successful, while perpetuating their general cynicism towards immigrants unironically. All you can do is sigh.

She's had such a ridiculous tournament. Playing three extra matches to come through qualifying meaning she has won 9 consecutive matches, and she hasn't even lost a set yet. I watched the highlights this morning and she really is an excellent player. The way she moves around the court, her range of defensive shots and ability at the net. Stuff like that is usually what the female game is lacking compared to the men but she's got it all in her locker. Really impressed.

British journalism 101 - https://www.her.ie/news/uk-newspaper-apologises-for-claim-that-katie-taylor-is-british-20635

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

That's gotta be the Express that

11 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Channel 4 are showing the final tonight for those in the UK without access to Prime.

Some people on Facebook (of course) are saying she's not British. Although her parents arent British she moved to Britain when she was 2 so that's British enough for me