talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Stan said:

Got choked up on watching the match and interview. Not gonna lie.

Special special scenes. My all time sporting idol alongside Messi and Muhammad Ali. More so for Federer as I’ve lived and breathed his good and bad times. What an absolute Icon, not just or sport but in life. If you ever want a lesson in how to present yourself to others this man is a prime example. A Genius, an icon, any superlatives won’t do him justice. He will always be the goat in my eyes. 

Legend. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Watching the Rune v Ruud tennis match, absolutely high level stuff. Lots of mind games going on. Ruud won the 1st set on a tie break. Then Ruud broke Rune in the 2nd set, but Rune then called on the physio, then eventually broke back and then broke again to win the set. Ruud then took a break in the toilet after he lost the 2nd set and now we are into the 3rd set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Ruud has already broken Djokovic in the final. 

Maybe closer than some think, including myself! 

@Michael @JoshBRFC you guys watching? 

Watched it all. Disappointed that  Novak won. But credit to him, his experience in key moments got him the win.

Alcaraz and Ruud will be contesting many finals in the future. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Watched it all. Disappointed that  Novak won. But credit to him, his experience in key moments got him the win.

Alcaraz and Ruud will be contesting many finals in the future. 

Definitely.

Alcaraz will be a superstar for sure. 

Shame that Ruud couldn't make it more of a contest after the first set but perhaps tiredness and Djokovic's experience had the most effect. 

• Subscriber

Never in doubt was it? Djokovic will win Wimbledon as well if he's not injured. I just hope Murray has a decent few weeks on the grass. He won a Challenger-tier event in Surbiton last week. I think he's playing Nottingham this week, presumably Queen's Club and then Wimbledon after skipping all of the clay court events. Surprisingly, he is back up in the top 50 in the world now, although he clearly isn't going to reach an elite level again. I think he probably wants some sort of last hurrah, even if it's a Wimbledon QF or something, before retiring "on his own terms".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
33 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Really impressed by 16 year old Mirra Andreeva at Wimbledon so far. Her opponents just don't seem to know how to deal with her.

Had no idea she's only 16, she's playing so well.

And only had her first grass-court appearance last month! Incredible.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Had no idea she's only 16, she's playing so well.

And only had her first grass-court appearance last month! Incredible.

Yeah, she's done herself proud this tournament. Gutted for her that she lost her game today but she's definitely one to watch for the future in the way that she commanded that first set and the majority of the second.