talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolutely pointless, shite "sport".

How? It's one of the most raw one-on-one sports out there. Not everyone finds it fun to watch and I get that but I can't see any argument to cast doubt on how much of a sport it is. Takes strength, fitness, strategy, mental wherewithal and a lot of technique to be good at it.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Posh tossers, strawberries and cream and all that shite. Ripple of applause whenever someone wins a point, absolutely no passion to be seen. 

Cliff Richard singing that time sums it up, absolutely awful. If you want to see a ball being hit back and forth for an hour or two go into the garden a smack one against the wall. 

Spot the casual viewer who thinks tennis is just played at Wimbledon all year round xD. Wimbledon is very traditional, tennis at large isn't like that, you get a much better atmosphere at other tournaments, particularly the Davis Cup.

You might find it boring but these are some of the best individual sports men and women in the world.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Absolutely pointless, shite "sport".

First off, Wimbledon isn't tennis. 

Tennis is one of the best sports to play. You can play until you're ancient (although typically you move to doubles which requires a tad less running), but it's 1 on 1, macho y macho, eat or be eaten sport. Little things have given me such satisfaction as when I know I have my opponent on his heels and totally out of sync. 

Top 3 best sports to play of all time. Watching it 'can' be a bit tough though. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Posh tossers, strawberries and cream and all that shite. Ripple of applause whenever someone wins a point, absolutely no passion to be seen. 

Cliff Richard singing that time sums it up, absolutely awful. If you want to see a ball being hit back and forth for an hour or two go into the garden a smack one against the wall. 

what an odd view xD

some weird generalisations here. 

13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

and if you want to watch cars go round and round find a seat near a roundabout xD

• Subscriber

Edmund through to his first 3rd round at Wimbledon and faces Djokovic. They've played a couple of times before with Djokovic winning comfortably but Edmund not disgracing himself by any means. Should be a good match, if Kyle gets the crowd properly behind him then who knows.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Mannarino is being absolutely destroyed by Federer. And doing so without any lube. 

First set nearly done in 15 minutes xD

He made a decent fight of it in the end. Fair play to him but Federer sails through yet again. 

I’m surprised how good Nadal has looked on grass this year. Imagine a Federer - Nadal final. 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He made a decent fight of it in the end. Fair play to him but Federer sails through yet again. 

I’m surprised how good Nadal has looked on grass this year. Imagine a Federer - Nadal final. 

Mannarino did well to bring it back a bit yeah considering it looked like he was carrying an injury too.

I'm wary of that final happening because people will try and compare it to 10 years ago (that game!) and expect the same but I can't see that kind of game ever happening again between the two.

• Subscriber

Really boring first week. Lack of British interest and no upsets has done it for me really. Edmund v Djokovic was probably interesting but I was already steaming after the England game by then so missed that one.

• Subscriber

How the fuck are you a mod? TFF has gone downhill :ph34r:

Who’s going to win it lads? Federer I hope but Nadal has made that transition well and playing better than I’ve seen for years on grass. Djokovic also seems back in form, he mentally seems at the races which I haven’t seen in a long time. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

7 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

It seems that way! She did well after dropping the opening set in her match today. She’s just different gravy. Greatest ever woman’s player without a doubt. 

Yes - Would be incredible if she were to win it after having a baby just a year ago. 

On the Men's side, this has to be Federer's...Tennis is severely lacking new blood. Just when you think baby Zverev is coming along, he vanishes alongside Tsonga, Raonic, and the rest of the failed, 'next generation'. It's the Nadal and Federer show until they are too old to play. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

It seems that way! She did well after dropping the opening set in her match today. She’s just different gravy. Greatest ever woman’s player without a doubt. 

Yep. Although I did like the look of that Camile Giorgi. Fit as well. Got a nice ass on her (look at what you're missing out on @Cannabis )

Also liked the look of Kasatkina. Took Kerber all the way in that 2nd set. Held out for 6 or 7 match points before finally faltering but some of the shots played were ridiculous.