talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

Interesting little tid bit. They are now tracking how many ft the players ran during the match. Well Anderson ran more, and did so by running 11,384.3, which is just above 2 miles, or just a shade under 3.5km.

As a runner and a tennis player, I would have thought there was more running.  

• Subscriber

Anderson and Isner now at 14-15 in the fifth set. Fuck off. None of these people want to watch this, we want to see Rafa v Novak. Feel for the fans who turned up looking forward to a marquee clash and instead have watched 5 and a half hours of what has mostly been two guys taking turns to hammer down aces and unreturnable serves with the other guy effectively superfluous while he isn't serving.

I usually love the drama of the fifth set carrying on instead of being settled by a tie break but today is a significant argument against that view.

Tennis is a joke with having these matches go this long. This issue has to be addressed, especially at Wimbledon where their is an ordinance that means these players must end at 11pm, meaning this match will head into tomorrow (most likely). 

So dumb. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Tennis is a joke with having these matches go this long. This issue has to be addressed, especially at Wimbledon where their is an ordinance that means these players must end at 11pm, meaning this match will head into tomorrow (most likely). 

So dumb. 

yeah the one against Mahut was a freak thing to happen at the time.

It's great entertainment when it happens but today's one got a little boring and tiresome in that final set.

I think it has to be addressed; bring back 5th set tie-breaks is the only explanation I can think of?

Just now, Stan said:

yeah the one against Mahut was a freak thing to happen at the time.

It's great entertainment when it happens but today's one got a little boring and tiresome in that final set.

I think it has to be addressed; bring back 5th set tie-breaks is the only explanation I can think of?

Has to go back to having a tie-breaker. Imagine a World Cup semi-final NOT going to Penalty Kicks, and each team being so tired all they can do is the odd ball attack, and you have to watch it for an additional 4 hours over the already 2 that normally would...No one wants to watch a 6 hour soccer match, nor do they in tennis. It's not just boring, it's idiotic and such a disadvantage to both the winner of the match, and the next match on. 

Silly rule, there is a strong reason for PK's whether you like it or not, and there needs to be a tie-breaker for 5th set tie breakers. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

I will say Anderson falling, getting up and hitting it back with his left hand for to ultimately win the point was the shot of the year for me. 

yes! was gonna mention this too. not only is it good reactions and improvisation, it's ridiculous how he got it in to continue the point and go on to win it. 

• Administrator

Nadal's sliced dropshot is actually a thing of beauty. Did it a lot at the French Open obviously on a surface that suited it better but his timing and execution especially in this tournament is sexual.

• Administrator

Great tennis from them both. Absolutely devastated Nadal was out as this was a great chance to add another Wimbledon to his honours. 

Good luck to Novak in the final though. Expect him to beat Anderson. Probably in straight sets as well. 

Djokovic being able to return any kind of serve will be his advantage. 

• Subscriber

I can't put my finger on it, but I just can't like Serena Williams. Obviously I respect the hell out of her achievements but it's just the way that she speaks, it sounds so fake as if every sentence is said in a way that it can become a famous quote or be used as a line in her career documentary film. Reminds me of Lewis Hamilton.