• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

ONE he played for River Plate and two he plays for zenit(Paredes, Kranevitter, Rigoni, and Driussi) Its OBVIOUS he doesn't give a flying fuck about Argentina! he doesnt care about the country nor the people ffs, thats why he will never lead argentina to greatness like Diego Maradona

Or you know, he isn't an obsessive fan that follows football like a supporter does and in fact spends more time training and caring for his family?

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or you know, he isn't an obsessive fan that follows football like a supporter does and in fact spends more time training and caring for his family?

Pathetic. The first thing Messi should do if he truly cared about Argentina, is  after every game/training session, instead of relaxing and caring for his loved ones, he is to go straight to his computer and research every single Argentine up and coming prospect and the results of every game in every league around the world that has an Argentine player. 

Only then will he truly care about Argentina. 

When I interviewed one of the Peruvian national team players before the match va Venezuela, they didn't have a clue about the players prior to the match. Players aren't all hardcore followers like us. I'm actually convinced most people in the U.K. have only heard of Driussu due to Football Manager.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Barcelona and Argentina superstar Lionel Messi confessed he was embarrassed about having to go back on his decision to retire from international football.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner announced he would make himself unavailable to the national team after their penalty shoot-out loss to Chile in the Copa America Centenario final in 2016.

It was the fourth time Messi had missed out on glory at the last hurdle with Argentina, the Copa America escaping his grasp in 2007 and 2015, and Germany beating them to the World Cup in Brazil in 2014.

Head coach Gerardo Martino was replaced by Edgardo Bauza after the failure in the United States, and he successfully convinced the Barca forward to return to the fold despite some initial concerns.

It was a decision I made in the heat of the moment, but I was embarrassed to say I wanted to come back," Messi told DIRECTV Sports.

"El Paton [Bauza] and my team-mates made everything easier for me to return."

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/messi-was-embarrassed-return-argentina-retirement#gbDo90wdEtQvDoL5.99

The dude has a hard time coping with criticism and defeat!! Maradona criticized his lack of leadership....messi doesnt invite him to his wedding. 😂😂 EGOCENTRIC 

The criticism thrown at Messi from his compatriots has been ongoing from the word go since he was selected to turn out for his country of birth.  They (a large minority) never even accepted him as Argentinian.

You're making it out like this is a case of selected criticism on certain performances OF THE TEAM and not the fact it's been happening for years from fans filled by some of Argentina's sensationalist media.

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

*Early retirement

*Failed to deliver on three FINALS

*LACK of leadership (This is according to the GOAT Maradona, labeled as the best of all time by you and I) and pitches a fit and doesnt invite Diego to his wedding

*Disrespects a fellow argie compatriot by belittling him.

are we going to blame all of that on the argie media Antonio?  Please. 

He's definitely not made for leadership in my opinion.  But everything else is bullshit!  Football is a team sport and isn't tennis.

So Maradona says that and it was him that made him national captain! xD

So in order for Messi to be great, he has to score a goal with his hand in a big world cup game, cheat to win said cup, get suspended for 2 years for kicking fuck out of Bilbao players, flop at both Barcelona and Sevilla, never win a champs league, get sent off in big games, get kicked out of world cups for failed drugs tests, never score in a final, put on weight and then have to take performance enhancing substances to lose it again and already be finished at the age of 30?

The whole "Maradona carried every team all on his own and was never part of a losing team ever", is the most overplayed mythical nonsense you will hear in football.

21 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

So in order for Messi to be great, he has to score a goal with his hand in a big world cup game, cheat to win said cup, get suspended for 2 years for kicking fuck out of Bilbao players, flop at both Barcelona and Sevilla, never win a champs league, get sent off in big games, get kicked out of world cups for failed drugs tests, never score in a final, put on weight and then have to take performance enhancing substances to lose it again and already be finished at the age of 30?

The whole "Maradona carried every team all on his own and was never part of a losing team ever", is the most overplayed mythical nonsense you will hear in football.

Spot on. Still think the whole 'Messi doesn't care about Argentina' is the worst of the bunch. 

He was the only one to score for Argentina in 11 months, which goes to show how absolutely rubbish the national side currently is. And to top it off, Messi carried this 'absolute rubbish' side to 3 consecutive finals and literally saved them from elimination last month. 

Truly a lack of leadership. 

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

So in order for Messi to be great, he has to score a goal with his hand in a big world cup game, cheat to win said cup

Teso even had the audacity to say this in the morning

xD I wouldn't take that comment too serious!! its coming from someone who was celebrating with other peruvians the "historic win"  aka 1-0 clear handball against brazil 

#JustSaying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2017 at 5:21 AM, The Artful Dodger said:

Signed on the dotted line 626 million buyout. Worth that tbh.

Nah, Messi is priceless. He exists within his own plane of perfection. I only wish I watched him more closely during his younger more exuberant days.

• 1 month later...

"Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal has revealed that Messi told him to stop sending videos to his Barca teammates during his cancer treatment.

Abidal was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2011, taking over a year off from football to recover, in which time he often sent videos to his teammates in the hope of lifting their spirits.

“It is a pain I will remember for life. It was unbearable, like an open knife,” the Frenchman said.

“When the doctor told me I would need an operation I was happy. It is a suffering that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

“I was very thin and before a game, I made a video to send to the players to cheer them up and send support.

“Do you know what Messi told me? Don’t send us things like that anymore because it hurts us.

“I didn’t see it like that, I was trying to encourage them but they told me they saw me like a corpse and it left them upset.’

The defender retired from football in December 2014."

What a nice down to earth chap Messi is.

I actually think that was a good thing Messi said.  I get how Abidal must’ve felt when he said it and I can also appreciate that in those moments he must’ve thought that photos of this nature would cheer up his teammates... I would expect he understands now that this must’ve been very upsetting for the team to see.

Where there is no doubt is that the Barça team loves him and made it public dozens and dozens of times even making him captain for a Champions League Final so he would be the one lifting the cup.

• Subscriber

I do understand that seeing him in a bad state was upsetting and distressing and not everyone can deal with it mentally, but who the fuck tells a man who's battling cancer to stop doing it (sending videos of encouragement) because it hurts THEM too much??? I hope they really didn't tell him that "he looked like a corpse and it made them upset", as the article seems to imply O.o wtf.

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal has revealed that Messi told him to stop sending videos to his Barca teammates during his cancer treatment.

Abidal was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2011, taking over a year off from football to recover, in which time he often sent videos to his teammates in the hope of lifting their spirits.

“It is a pain I will remember for life. It was unbearable, like an open knife,” the Frenchman said.

“When the doctor told me I would need an operation I was happy. It is a suffering that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

“I was very thin and before a game, I made a video to send to the players to cheer them up and send support.

“Do you know what Messi told me? Don’t send us things like that anymore because it hurts us.

“I didn’t see it like that, I was trying to encourage them but they told me they saw me like a corpse and it left them upset.’

The defender retired from football in December 2014."

What a nice down to earth chap Messi is.

This is the most desperate attempt yet.

When Puyol was giving the league trophy to Abidal, and Alex Song stepped in thinking it was for him, was the funniest thing I've ever seen. What an absolute sad case of a footballer who completely ruined his career leaving Arsenal. 

It seems that this news was as Trump says... “Fake news”

I thought it was strange coming from an introvert like he is and even if he had sent that message, I would’ve understood it. It don’t believe Abidal sent those photos and I don’t believe Messi chose to respond to them in that manner.

I’ll translate;

”Just to clarify:  When I sent that video to encourage the team Leo Messi never told me never to send more things like that or that the team didn’t want to know anything.  Leo told me that the team didn’t like seeing me in that state, but in no moment was it ever in any manner negative words aimed at me.”

The source of the story accusiing Messi of allegedly telling Abidal not to send anymore pictures or videos came from a Spanish football program called El Chiringuito which is the most radically pro-Real Madrid tv program on Spanish tv.  They’re not even on a big national platform and are on a private TDT channel called Intereconomía which is presented by the radical Josep Pedrerol with his side-kick Tomás Roncero who is always poisonous and very vocal against anything FC Barcelona.

Eric Abidal sent that tweet in specifically to the programs and its presenter Josep Pedrerol who read it out live on the show and apologised for the error.

Anyway, as Donald Trump says; “Fake news!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 09:05, Cicero said:

When Puyol was giving the league trophy to Abidal, and Alex Song stepped in thinking it was for him, was the funniest thing I've ever seen. What an absolute sad case of a footballer who completely ruined his career leaving Arsenal. 

Can't fault him for making the leap. It may have failed but its worth the try

I'll never forget that season where Song was a beast in the midfield and he chipped the ball perfectly to Van Persie.

Archived