talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi

• Subscriber
On 12/01/2018 at 11:59, SirBalon said:

I’ll translate;

”Just to clarify:  When I sent that video to encourage the team Leo Messi never told me never to send more things like that or that the team didn’t want to know anything.  Leo told me that the team didn’t like seeing me in that state, but in no moment was it ever in any manner negative words aimed at me.”

The source of the story accusiing Messi of allegedly telling Abidal not to send anymore pictures or videos came from a Spanish football program called El Chiringuito which is the most radically pro-Real Madrid tv program on Spanish tv.  They’re not even on a big national platform and are on a private TDT channel called Intereconomía which is presented by the radical Josep Pedrerol with his side-kick Tomás Roncero who is always poisonous and very vocal against anything FC Barcelona.

Eric Abidal sent that tweet in specifically to the programs and its presenter Josep Pedrerol who read it out live on the show and apologised for the error.

Anyway, as Donald Trump says; “Fake news!”

As expected! I can’t believe the mongs on here believed the article.

Any excuse to negatively criticise. 

Jesus. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair I don't see why you'd post a tweet from some unknown yank, who doesn't even know what the sport is called and has less than half as many followers as @Stan

What does it prove exactly? xD

I wasn’t even going to bother to answer that random tweet from someone I’ve never heard of but I love the Football IQ terminology used (actually called Football Intelligence if I permit myself to be pedantic) because Messi certainly doesn’t suffer from a lack of that seeing as he can play in various parts of the pitch and has evolved his own game around it and hasn’t just stuck himself under the goal frame. But anyway...

19 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair I don't see why you'd post a tweet from some unknown yank, who doesn't even know what the sport is called and has less than half as many followers as @Stan

What does it prove exactly? xD

I think those tweets are telling us that the USMNT need a staff do over and show us why they failed to qualify for Russia.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I wasn’t even going to bother to answer that random tweet from someone I’ve never heard of but I love the Football IQ terminology used (actually called Football Intelligence if I permit myself to be pedantic) because Messi certainly doesn’t suffer from a lack of that seeing as he can play in various parts of the pitch and has evolved his own game around it and hasn’t just stuck himself under the goal frame. But anyway...

Messi's "football IQ" is the top part of his game for me.

27 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Secondly, even with the greatest team of all-time (not to me), the messiah, and the best coach of all-time ...all that greatness and yet, the gap between them and RM(league titles and CL) continues being too much for Barcelona to close within... Guess the only thing they can say the "greatest player was Barcelona's Messi"

Ignored the first part of your post because it was utter nonsence, but the part in bold in particular I wanted to mention about. 

Before Messi :

Barca :16 league titles, 1 Champions League Trophy

Real Madrid : 29 league titles, 9 Champions League Trophies 

After Messi :

Barca : 24 League Titles, 5 Champions League Trophies. (+8/+4)

Real Madrid : 33 league titles, 12 Champions League Trophies. (+4/+3) 

As you can see, Barcelona have performed better domestically and in Europe since Messi's arrival. You mentioned the gap, and how with all that greatness, Messi couldn't help close it. (even though he did, but I'm assuming you mean closing it to a more closer number) But my question to you is, how is it physically possible? How is it is possible for a man who has maybe 17 years of top professional football, to close a fucking 13 league title gap and a 8 Champions league gap before retirement? Espeically when Real Madrid continue to spend billions on marquee players?

Do you seriously read what you type down? You give this forum more and more obvious evidence that you have a personal vendetta and agenda against things you don't like, so you irrationally criticise them for the stupidest things or make complete and utter disfunctional arguments that fall apart before they even begin. 

Man, Alonso Conte must of really fucked you up during your summer trip to Barcelona. That son of a bitch. 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

That doesn't necessarily mean its him. Its amazing how he is the greatest player with barcelona, a system he is used to and when he plays for Argentina the end product is far from the same.

Love how you suprisingly failed to bring up the simple fact that Messi, Mascherano, and Romero are the only players who perform for the national side, and that everyone else is dog shit. 

But yeah. Agenda and all that. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Love how you suprisingly failed to bring up the simple fact that Messi, Mascherano, and Romero are the only players who perform for the national side, and that everyone else is dog shit. 

But yeah. Agenda and all that. 

I would even say Mascherano has fallen under the radar in these qualifiers.

He's had a few good performances but he's not as consistent as he used to be for Argentina.

La mula is just hitting out because his number one team are 19 points adrift of Barcelona. 

After this as well;

On 13/06/2017 at 22:10, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its all about to change. 

14973750183114.thumb.jpg.9edda3d0d23e9418157712a3052c2620.jpg

Vallejo, Llorente, and Theo Hernandez some might not be academy players but these young players, as marca points out, will help RM dominate for the next ten years.

Not the best start to their decade of dominance but I hope for his sake they turn it around because he can't have two teams being so far behind the leaders. 

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Outside of Vidal, tell me which Chilean player would make the argie squad?

"Not talented enough" but yet, they continue to make it to the finals. The title game(s) is were Messi needs to step up and deliver. His retirement is the only highlight from the lost finals.

I have a suspicion and his little tantrum/retirement after the loss had me checking my sources in Buenos Aires. Its already known, Valverde is nothing but a barca yes sir puppet and the argie NT coach will not tolerate that.

Chile are a well coached team. Argentina are far from it and have relied on Messi for years. The fact that no other Argentine player other than Messi has scored for the national side in 11 months of qualifies, says everything you need to know. 

Last week against Betis, Thomas Rongen spewed similar shite against messi during half time, only to be made to look like a clown by the greatest player ever in the second half. Not even sure why he tries to yell during a half time conversation or post match analyses. Just to try to dominate Ray Hudson who immensely praises Messi I guess. And that tweet about how messi doesnt have footballing IQ sums the guy up about his football knowledge. 

1 hour ago, Asura said:

Last week against Betis, Thomas Rongen spewed similar shite against messi during half time, only to be made to look like a clown by the greatest player ever in the second half. Not even sure why he tries to yell during a half time conversation or post match analyses. Just to try to dominate Ray Hudson who immensely praises Messi I guess. And that tweet about how messi doesnt have footballing IQ sums the guy up about his football knowledge. 

Oh, so this guy (Thomas Rongen) is a “professional” pundit or journalist that works on tv or something? 

I don’t know because I’ve never heard of him and didn’t even bother to check him out when Teso posted that tweet.  The thing is that when somebody says something so utterly stupid, something that just smells of unadulterated retardedness, I just tend to ignore it.  Just like the 90% of morons that consistently battle it out on social media against each other.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Oh, so this guy (Thomas Rongen) is a “professional” pundit or journalist that works on tv or something? 

I don’t know because I’ve never heard of him and didn’t even bother to check him out when Teso posted that tweet.  The thing is that when somebody says something so utterly stupid, something that just smells of unadulterated retardedness, I just tend to ignore it.  Just like the 90% of morons that consistently battle it out on social media against each other.

He features on BeIN sports channel in the states mate. He is not a regular though, he comes every now and then for analysing games on an odd weekend. Ray Hudson and Phil Schoen are the most regulars who also commentates on most of the matches. That guy is sooo annoying to listen to, he always yells even when there is no argument or debate, I think thats his talking style. Ray Hudson is top class though, you should listen him talk if you havent already. 

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

He features on BeIN sports channel in the states mate. He is not a regular though, he comes every now and then for analysing games on an odd weekend. Ray Hudson and Phil Schoen are the most regulars who also commentates on most of the matches. That guy is sooo annoying to listen to, he always yells even when there is no argument or debate, I think thats his talking style. Ray Hudson is top class though, you should listen him talk if you havent already. 

It just baffles me that someone could question the one attribute that has made Lionel Messi outlast all the greatest footballers of all time (minus Alfredo di Stéfano who throughout his whole Real Madrid career he was apparently the greatest for the duration and that’s a lot of years, but way before my time)... The reason Messi has been able to continue to be the best footballer is because of his footballing brain, because as his explosiveness dilutes itself (although sometimes he seems to even defy biological physics even in that sense). Because Leo understands the game in an almost freakish way like some autistic people are the essence of their one true belief for existence, then this is why he’s metamorphisised so as to accostomise his football to his slowly ageing body.  

Messi isn’t an athlete as such, he is a freak, a football freak, a calculator of understanding not only his own talents, but also those of his opponents in front of him and around him.  It has him one step ahead of everyone else and in his latest game just to use as an example we can see this where he saw that the Betis players were accumulating players in clusters up front to try and get that’s one goal that would get them back into the tie and he knew that if he could use his know how to get out of that cluster by collecting in that area, he would then have an open field to attack the opponent’s area freely.  He thinks, he outsmarts and exectuctes is all by playing the sport.

How many years is it now at the top of the game?

How many years has he lasted and just seems to get better in different ways by changing the way he plays his game?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

few stats on BBC following the milestone 600th goal scored at the weekend

• Messi has scored more goals (29) against Sevilla than any other side.
  • The Argentine has scored against the most different opponents (36) than any other La Liga player in history
  • 148 of his 600 goals have come between minutes 76 and 90.
  • Former team-mate Dani Alves has provided the most assists for Messi with 42.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

few stats on BBC following the milestone 600th goal scored at the weekend

• Messi has scored more goals (29) against Sevilla than any other side.
  • The Argentine has scored against the most different opponents (36) than any other La Liga player in history
  • 148 of his 600 goals have come between minutes 76 and 90.
  • Former team-mate Dani Alves has provided the most assists for Messi with 42.

Interesting stats but Pelé will say that until he scores over 400 more goals he can't be considered the greatest in history. :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Interesting stats but Pelé will say that until he scores over 400 more goals he can't be considered the greatest in history. :ph34r:

What's funny is that he has actually scored 1,000 if you were to include every goal he's scored(like Pele does) and not just his official ones :ph34r:

fwWD66b.png

As for all goals in official games:-

0Gpx7Gd.png

I'm surprised Ronaldo only has 34 more goals to be honest considering he has played in nearly 150 more games.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What's funny is that he has actually scored 1,000 if you were to include every goal he's scored(like Pele does) and not just his official ones :ph34r:

fwWD66b.png

As for all goals in official games:-

0Gpx7Gd.png

I'm surprised Ronaldo only has 34 more goals to be honest considering he has played in nearly 150 more games.

Yeah I knew the stats more or less mate and was just taking a whack at Pelé and his usual rhetoric.  What gets me is that nobody's ever questioned Pelé directly on that in the countless interviews he does.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Yeah I knew the stats more or less mate and was just taking a whack at Pelé and his usual rhetoric.  What gets me is that nobody's ever questioned Pelé directly on that in the countless interviews he does.

The reason why is because of his legendary status. To be honest, he's not even the top scoring Brazilian, as that is Romario!

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If you look at old footage, Garrincha was a better footballer than Pele

Roberto Rivelino in that team was also better in my opinion.  One of my favourite Brazilians of all time is Zico.

that's the problem with Sports on trying to claim who is the best of all time.     i guess the best or proper term would be "the best of his generation".

during the time of Pele football is played at a different pace, they have not so sophisticated boots.  they don't have fitness coaches or dieticians .  the pitch is normal or real grass unlike now that it's synthetic and so on and on ............

back to messi, well, let's just say i'm a convert  :P  before i always say that he's only good becoz of the players supporting him but now that he's "alone" with this new barcelona and yet he is as devastating and as decisive as ever, i changed ( better late than never :P  ) my opinion about him.     And what's baffling about it all is his consistency.    Fack, for the last decade it's Ronaldo and Messi on that Balloon D'Or and i guess it'll still be the two of them or messi alone in the next 5 years.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

that's the problem with Sports on trying to claim who is the best of all time.     i guess the best or proper term would be "the best of his generation".

during the time of Pele football is played at a different pace, they have not so sophisticated boots.  they don't have fitness coaches or dieticians .  the pitch is normal or real grass unlike now that it's synthetic and so on and on ............

back to messi, well, let's just say i'm a convert  :P  before i always say that he's only good becoz of the players supporting him but now that he's "alone" with this new barcelona and yet he is as devastating and as decisive as ever, i changed ( better late than never :P  ) my opinion about him.     And what's baffling about it all is his consistency.    Fack, for the last decade it's Ronaldo and Messi on that Balloon D'Or and i guess it'll still be the two of them or messi alone in the next 5 years.

always good to be honest!

Although I think 5 years is a bit long. Maybe the next couple of years but I think the trend will be broken sooner than 5 years.

(I also wouldn't say Messi is 'alone' in the Barca side but I do get your point! Suarez is now back to his best, Coutinho has hit the ground running and the re-emergence of Paulinho has helped the side hugely). 

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

always good to be honest!

Although I think 5 years is a bit long. Maybe the next couple of years but I think the trend will be broken sooner than 5 years.

(I also wouldn't say Messi is 'alone' in the Barca side but I do get your point! Suarez is now back to his best, Coutinho has hit the ground running and the re-emergence of Paulinho has helped the side hugely). 

yeah paulinho.   the 29 year old 30 million has been or china reject ( that's what the pundits were saying, not me ).   but nice seeing them eat their words.

i started "liking" barcelona after their defeat by Madrid on the Spanish super cup,  their coach Ernesto is such a suave person.   In all his interviews, he doesn't show any animosity towards his opponents or even against Madrid.   No politicking so to speak.   Just plain football.   Team Vs Team.

Archived