talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Lord only knows why there is another Copa America next summer, but Messi now has two chances to win something with the national side. 

Returns to international duty this week after his absence. 

It's because they are moving it to the same year as the euros, so it'll be held in 2020 then 2024, 2028 and so on, as of next year.

Anyway, that third goal was immense last night, I love a goal like that and my favourite Messi goal of alltime is still the chip he scored against Mexico in Copa America 2007.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Anyway, that third goal was immense last night, I love a goal like that and my favourite Messi goal of alltime is still the chip he scored against Mexico in Copa America 2007.

Beautiful to watch from the wee man. :x

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's funny as it was only the other day where I remembered this goal from about 2009/2010 time against Tenerife:-

Lol, left foot again in off the goal corner post, I can just imagine him saying to himself before he hit it "Hmm...v Tenerife...2009/10...I will try that one again..."  xD

Piers Morgan: "Messi scored one of the greatest hatricks ever seen at the weekend"

It was obviously a great hat-trick, but pretty much standard for Messi when he scores hat-tricks. It's certainly nothing out of the ordinary to see Messi score a hat-trick with all 3 goals being brilliant.

10 hours ago, True Blue said:

Lampard has done it ages ago

bUt MeSsi MesSi Is NoT oUt oF tHiS wOrLd

Lampard was immense to be honest. About 10 years ago I used to claim he was overrated and I always preferred Gerrard, but looking back now that both have retired, I would say that Lampard was the better player of the 2. He had a little bit of everything in his locker.

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Lampard was immense to be honest. About 10 years ago I used to claim he was overrated and I always preferred Gerrard, but looking back now that both have retired, I would say that Lampard was the better player of the 2. He had a little bit of everything in his locker.

Also loved a game against Barca. He's highly admired there I'd imagine given what Messi and Ronaldinho both had to say about him. 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Also loved a game against Barca. He's highly admired there I'd imagine given what Messi and Ronaldinho both had to say about him. 

Due to my disliking for Chelsea back then(it's died now I'd say, I have nothing against them anymore) I was often blind to how brilliant both Lampard and Terry were. 2 of the best the Premier league has seen in their respective positions. Obviously on a European level they were class as well and among the best of their generation.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Due to my disliking for Chelsea back then(it's died now I'd say, I have nothing against them anymore) I was often blind to how brilliant both Lampard and Terry were. 2 of the best the Premier league has seen in their respective positions. Obviously on a European level they were class as well and among the best of their generation.

Always preferred Lampard. Lampard, Gerrard then Scholes, for me. Terry and Lampard were as good as any spine in world football. 

16 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Always preferred Lampard. Lampard, Gerrard then Scholes, for me. Terry and Lampard were as good as any spine in world football.

You appreciate players a lot more when they retire I think. I mean, I used to fucking despise Cantona when he played, but then you look back when he retired and realise just how talented he was. In fact, speaking of him, this was classy as fuck:-

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 20/03/2019 at 18:23, The Rebel CRS said:

You appreciate players a lot more when they retire I think. I mean, I used to fucking despise Cantona when he played, but then you look back when he retired and realise just how talented he was. In fact, speaking of him, this was classy as fuck:-

One of the great goals he scored by King Cantona, I loved watching that guy and I was lucky enough to be at the old Wembley in 1996 when he scored the goal that beat Liverpool 1-0 in the FA Cup Final and when he scored and run towards us we were standing and the whole section behind me rose and pushed me forward and I nearly lost my 3 front false teeth yelling, a great goal and a great day for me, one I will never forget in my time.  :x

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2019 at 19:32, CaaC - John said:

One of the great goals he scored by King Cantona, I loved watching that guy and I was lucky enough to be at the old Wembley in 1996 when he scored the goal that beat Liverpool 1-0 in the FA Cup Final and when he scored and run towards us we were standing and the whole section behind me rose and pushed me forward and I nearly lost my 3 front false teeth yelling, a great goal and a great day for me, one I will never forget in my time.  :x

This was a really shit game, never lived up to the pre-game hype.

10 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Shite game or not, it was not shite winning it. :D

Ha ha true, remember our final with Chelsea? First one at the new stadium, that was dire lol. The Queen must have thought what the fucked have I turned up for lol.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Ha ha true, remember our final with Chelsea? First one at the new stadium, that was dire lol. The Queen must have thought what the fucked have I turned up for lol.

Anyway, this thread is dedicated to the little genius so back on topic for me. :D

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ccb0f89394b773877

It's mental people are pinning Barca being knocked out of the CL on Messi. Without Messi they're knocked out 4-0.

Fault lies with the team for not getting the vital away goal that would have killed us off. Instead we scored early and kept the intensity off and they shat themselves at the crowd.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's mental people are pinning Barca being knocked out of the CL on Messi. Without Messi they're knocked out 4-0.

Fault lies with the team for not getting the vital away goal that would have killed us off. Instead we scored early and kept the intensity off and they shat themselves at the crowd.

It's to be expected now. Wasted too much energy debating it tonight. Every cliche going about how he couldn't do it in England etc....

I cannot believe someone can sit there, watch 180 minutes of that and deduce that Messi is the problem.

Where was Suarez? Where was Coutinho? Where were the defence?

Absolute joke.

Archived